What's new

Delete C.A.P. from Fanuc 16

• Thread starter Ox
  • Start date
  • Replies 10
  • Views 2,391

Ox

Diamond
Hardinge told me how to dump C.A.P. out of my 18T 15 years ago when I wanted more memmory, but I didn't write it down.

I would like to dump it out of a 16T.

Anyone know how to doo that - w/o losing my Library at least?

---------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

You can use the processe of downloading everything you got in there and load it again without cap. Fanuc techs can do it, or tell you how. Unfortunately i do not have a close friendship with one...

It's a LOT less involved than that!

I did it 15 yrs ago on the 18, and I'm sure it wasn't anything too involved.

------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

CNC doctors ask for Jeff 770-633-6577 it is a business so he may not want to offer for free but he can tell you if it can be done easily or not and may advise you over the phone. Hes been at this game longer than we have been alive. I am very worried about what I will do when he retires and something breaks on my Fanuc machine. I do realize you probably dont want to pay for the knowledge but if no one else can help I am sure he can.

Charles

I don't know if this works or not I found it in one of my books
Deleting cutting condition data

To delete registered cutting condition data, select a target tool type on the Tool Type List window, then click the Delete button.
A prompt window asking the user to confirm the deletion appears. To delete the data, click the Yes button.
Two or more cutting conditions can be deleted at one time.

Still interested in dooing this.

I think Chucker must be working in Winders. ???

----------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

We've got a Fanuc 0-T "C" axis lathe that by the numbers Kevin says is supposed to have the conversational but I'll be danmed if I've ever seen it. I believe him so I'm fairly confident it was there at one time but ain't now? Apparently you can remove it. All I see it being is a boot up list, everything loads up at start up as does on the Fanuc i series with "Manual Guide". I have a hunch, (1) loads it up, (0) does not, just knowing which one is the magic param would be my GUESS? I guess do like Doug says, pray to the Fanuc gods and have faith?

Brent.

anyone figure this out? I've finally fired up my 5700+ hour actual control time Hardinge T42 w/ fanuc 18T - I'm not used to conversational on lathes... and would rather stick w/ handcoding / running programs w/ minor adjustments from my other parts. just seems easier but to be fair, I've not tried to program on conversational yet... just so far going thru it seemed awkward.

Back