What's new
What's new

Desperately need help - matsuura RA1 alarms

Hot Bob

Cast Iron
The other day I had just finished proofing a program and was ready to run it. I'd loaded the parts into the vises on pallet A while it was inside the machine as I've done many times. Haven't taken the time to align the pallet bay yet. So, just before running it, I noticed that the pallet bay door was open and entered a M33 as I've also done many times. Only difference was, this time I got an alarm. Here's the screen shots:

2010-11-09152152.jpg

2010-11-09152140.jpg

Now I'm completely stuck. I can't move the table with the handle, can't clamp with the switch on the pallet console. Does anyone have any idea how to fix this or is this going to be where I learn how expensive it is to have a tech come out? The machine is a 1989 Matsuura RA1 with Yasnac MX3.

Thanks, Bob

get the manuals from methods if you don't already have them, in the mean time give them a call they will be able to get you going again no need for a tech. i would help but neither of my matsuuras have pallet changers.

on second thought did you try a m121 in mdi to clamp the pallet and clear the code

jason,:cheers:

Unfortunately I am a couple thousand miles away from my manuals right now or I`d help you. You should call methods, they`ll help you over the phone and while you are talking to them you NEED to order the operation manual for this machine.

If the pallet is clamped it might be that one of the limit switches under the table is no longer functioning.

MDI won't let me write anything. Pretty sure that's the case whenever there is an active alarm. I will call Methods. I have two operators manuals, one for the machine and one for the controller. I don't have a technical manual. I don't know if there is one available or not. I ran through the troubleshooting process in the manual for this situation and it says to use the handle to move the pallet to the pallet clamping position then manually clamp the pallet. Since none of that works, I'm guessing I have bigger problems. It could be a switch. It looks like I have conflicting signals on the diagnosis screen. The pallet clamped switch says no but the pallet unclamped switch says no also, if I'm reading it right.

Bob

MDI won't let me write anything. Pretty sure that's the case whenever there is an active alarm. I will call Methods. I have two operators manuals, one for the machine and one for the controller. I don't have a technical manual. I don't know if there is one available or not. I ran through the troubleshooting process in the manual for this situation and it says to use the handle to move the pallet to the pallet clamping position then manually clamp the pallet. Since none of that works, I'm guessing I have bigger problems. It could be a switch. It looks like I have conflicting signals on the diagnosis screen. The pallet clamped switch says no but the pallet unclamped switch says no also, if I'm reading it right.

Bob

The operation manual is all you need. You need to check and see if the servos are energized or not. This can be easily verified when you reboot the machine. In overtravel conditions you can over ride servo cutoff by just holding the power on switch and using the mpg, I don`t know if that will work in this situation or not but you need to get power to the servos before you can do much anyways. From there I would assume the manual has pretty detailed instructions for checking setting parameters and such to see the status of your switches. Keep trying you`ll get it, once you get how the manual goes through troubleshooting its a breaze.

In your pic, it shows MACHINE UNREADY. This generally means nothing is going to work, because the machine isn't fully on. IOW, it's basically in E-stop. You need to look in the wiring and ladder diagrams to find what conditions can cause an E-stop. Obvious ones are an overtravel beyond the soft limits. Less obvious could be a multitude of things like an tripped thermal overload or circuit breaker, low hydraulic or air pressure, yadayada. Hit the books, it's got to be there somewhere.

Are the hydraulics on? If not you can try pressing the reset button and the green power on button at the same time. This works when you over travel passed the limit switch and allows the hand wheel to work.

Are the hydraulics on? If not you can try pressing the reset button and the green power on button at the same time. This works when you over travel passed the limit switch and allows the hand wheel to work.

No hydraulics on these particular models, but what you mention is the same for powering the servos.

I've done all the obvious stuff. The servos power up. On button and reset won't get the handle working, even with holding the on button. Unfortunately I don't have time to call Methods right now. Too much other stuff going on in the shop that luckily doesn't require use of this machine. I thought maybe it was caused by low air because I had a pretty good leak in my shop air lines. Fixed the leak; didn't fix the problem.

Bob

I'm bringing this thread back to life because, well, the machine is still down. I haven't needed it and I've had too much other stuff on my plate to mess with it. Now it is looking like I'm going to have some time to work on it. I talked to a tech who had worked on this machine at the previous owners location and he said first off, I needed to order the electrical schematics. He also mentioned that it sounded like a fault in the 14 volt system. And he mentioned that it would be $100/hr with a five hour minimum for him to come out.

I've now got the full electrical schematic book which I can't make any sense of. So, before I spend the money to get the tech out here. Is there a way I can systematically check the 14v system to possibly find the problem? Anyone got any other ideas here?

Bob

I have same problem!!

I have the same problem, last week disassemble the front way cover and I found this cable, maybe is an open circuit that cause the error!!!

Well I hope this info be useful to get a better idea what happened with this machine. I will working on that!!

Please advice!!!

thanks for the helpful tips to all.

Marco

Attachments

• marsuura RA1.jpg
    marsuura RA1.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 688
Well, I finally got the machine up and running today. The tech from Koch Machine was $125/hr with a four hour minimum. He fixed it in ten minutes. It was a tripped f#$%ing breaker! It was on the inside of the door on the tool changer side. He said it was for the 100volt system. Since I was paying for four hours, I had him align my pallet bay, do a once over on the machine and give me a tour of the electrical system. The pallet arm needs to be rebuilt and he is going to get me the parts list so I can do it myself. He did seem like a nice guy and said he was willing to give me any help he could over the phone when things come up.

Bob

Well, I finally got the machine up and running today. The tech from Koch Machine was $125/hr with a four hour minimum. He fixed it in ten minutes. It was a tripped f#$%ing breaker! It was on the inside of the door on the tool changer side. He said it was for the 100volt system. Since I was paying for four hours, I had him align my pallet bay, do a once over on the machine and give me a tour of the electrical system. The pallet arm needs to be rebuilt and he is going to get me the parts list so I can do it myself. He did seem like a nice guy and said he was willing to give me any help he could over the phone when things come up.

Bob

Congratulations let me try mine!!!

We have a 1992 Matsuura RA II F with Yasnak I-80 controller.
Will my manuals and alarm codes be the same?

Is your pallet clamped? Or is it a false alarm?
Remember is the table to not in the pallet changes zone it will not let you clamp or unclamp.
I know this sounds stupid but have you tried manualy clamping the pallete while in Manual mode? Not Auto mode.

PS : There is a parameter code that lets you JOG the machine with the Pulse generator even if the machine is in E-stop mode.
If you need that code I will get it for you. Let me know if you think our controllers are compatible.

We have a 1992 Matsuura RA II F with Yasnak I-80 controller.
Will my manuals and alarm codes be the same?

Is your pallet clamped? Or is it a false alarm?
Remember is the table to not in the pallet changes zone it will not let you clamp or unclamp.
I know this sounds stupid but have you tried manualy clamping the pallete while in Manual mode? Not Auto mode.

PS : There is a parameter code that lets you JOG the machine with the Pulse generator even if the machine is in E-stop mode.
If you need that code I will get it for you. Let me know if you think our controllers are compatible.

Hey Solar,
It is running now. The tech did show me how to clamp and unclamp the pallet by changing the settings and making changes in the diagnosis screen. The manual pallet clamp/unclamp switch on my pallet bay does not work. Not sure what's up with that. The bay door switch works fine. Apparently the manual switch has not worked in some time because there was a handwritten page of instructions that came with my manual that explained in detail how to do manual changes by changing settings.

Bob

I am getting an RA-1 going. Will the servos energize without the pallet clamped?
How do I clamp the pallet?

I am getting an RA-1 going. Will the servos energize without the pallet clamped? <br>
How do I clamp the pallet?
Bro. Start a new thread.I cant possibly re-read that Solar71 cluster f again. Hot Bob was last seen about these parts late July year 2016.

Solar don't live here anymore. Link>>Rose Royce - Love don't live here anymore 1978 - YouTube
(be sure to click on the groove)

Solar abandoned us,
Its just a vacancy, Solar doesn't live here any more.
He abounded us, Solar doesn't live here any more.
Just a vacancy, Solar doesn't live here any more.
When Dave K, sorted out thingy's for me. Love don't live here any move,
Its just emptiness and memories of what we had before.

Back