What's new
What's new

DGMT ingersoll drawbar spindle clamp pressure

wkhennion

Plastic
Ok guys, this is my first post, been lurking for a few weeks now and just got signed up. Lots of great info on here. I'm 26, been doin machining for 4 years now. Anywho, the mill Ive run for 3 years, is having some problems. I've watched the machine guy work on it numerous times. But I only worked on the drawbar with him once and could squeeze only so much info out of him. My drawbar pressure is extremely low. I've had it out twice now to readjust the nut holding the Belleville washers. I tried using the calculator that was mentioned on a post a few years ago that calculated pressure vs number of washers but it didn't work right or something. What I have determined though is the drawbar nut tightened itself up on the drawbar, putting more tension on the washers. Any help here? I set the tension so that the top of the drawbar sits flush with the hold down cap for it, and have been adjusting clamping pressure by tightening the retention gripper up onto the drawbar further. Sorry if I have a confused post, I've got it tore apart right now trying to fix this problem. I'd post pictures if I can figure out how to add them

Back