What's new
What's new

Disable 4th and 5th axis - I80 Control

kudos

Plastic
Hi there,

i have a Matsuura with a yasnac i80 control

if i wish to take the 4th and 5th axis of the machine, how can do i disable them in the control so it does not look for them until i put the unit back on and re enable the axis

thanks, rob

Good question Rob, I have the same need for a 4th on my i80 controlled Kitamura. If you find the answer other than here please post it.

Thanks,
David

You can get all the manuals directly from Yaskawa's web site. I have yet to find the answer there myself, information overload.

hi , thanks for the reply's
yes i got the manuals from yaskawa website. but not too clear how to just turn off an axis i have yet to read over it properly tho

and right now i'm waiting for the machine manuals to come to us to see if there is any extra info there.

i have also asked matsuura but they don't really seem to worried due to the machine age i kinda get the feeling. probably have to find an older guy in the support area i guess :)

if i do find out answer i will post it no problem..

Set parameter 6006 bit 4 (5th axis) and bit 3 (4th axis) to 0. Always write down the state of the parameter before you make your change.

Yes, I looked it up in the Yasnac list of parameters, and compared the original paramaters that came with the machine against the ones in it now. I also went in to Run, Settings, and set it to ignore the 4th axis. Not sure this matters but the 4th was installed in the field, it was not sold with it from Kitamura. Because of this they will not help.

Also bits 0, 1, and 2 were all set to 0. The only bit set to 1 in 6006 was bit 3.

Did you try calling Yaskawa?

If bits 0,1,2 were 0 then it may be a 1 turns it off and it was off on the NC side, the documentation was buggered on this parameter so it's hard to tell which state is "detached". If that is the case then it may be a ladder controlled axis on your machine, If it is ladder controlled then it will most likely be shut off with an option parameter. Try scanning the ladder for the 4th axis alarm you are seeing to determine if there is an option parameter in the logic.

As I understand it 0 is disabled. It has been working fine, I just can't unplug it to remove it from the machine. I will look for an alarm in the ladder the next time I turn it on. I haven't called Yaskawa on this yet, but will be talking with them soon about something else and will ask about this then. I will update this thread as I learn new information.

Thank you for your help-
David

Did you check for a switch in the cabinet to disable the axis?

There are inputs, 3083#4 and 3083#3, that are scanned on power up when found closed supposedly disables the axis. See parameter 3#1 and 3#2,

Last edited:
i got a reply back from matsuura here is what they said
Have you looked at all the paperwork inside the electrical panel to see if there is a note explaining what to do? Have you looked in the electrical drawing to see if there is a note?.
I can inform of what I think you have to do but you will need dummy plugs which I guess you have also lost?. = I cannot help you.

*You must be very careful when changing parameters.

I have a manual for MC600VF 1992 and a manual for MC600VF 1994.... the parameter for 4th/5th axis enable are different....

1). Parameter to turn of the Matsuura PLC lines related to the 4th axis...I strongly suspect your machine will be 1994 spec..
In the 1992 manual 4th axis ON = 7001 bit 0
In the 1992 manual 4th axis ON = 7001 bit 2

In the 1994 manual 4th axis ON = 7080 bit 6
In the 1994 manual 5th axis ON = 7080 bit 7

2. ). PM 4022 bit 3 sets if the 4th axis has to be referenced before cycle start is allowed. Set this to 0 = no 4th axis
PM 4022 bit 4 sets if the 5th axis has to be referenced before cycle start is allowed. Set this to 0 = no 5th axis

3). Now you should be able to fit the dummy plugs to the encoders to stop the servo alarm and over-travel for the tilt axis. I guess you have lost these plugs?.
You would need 3 plugs ......1 for the 4th axis encoder / 1 for the 5th axis encoder and 1 for the 4th axis bigger plug which ha the motor power connection / A link to override the over-travel 'estop' signals is included in this plug.......

*Check you electrical drawings....some machine has 4th 5th wiring drawings that showed the connections of the dummy plugs....

Yes I was referencing page 298 of the Yasnac parameter manual you show. I did check the cabinet for a switch but see nothing. I followed the cables from the 4th to the drive. I haven't opened the box yet where the 4th axis cables connect to the machine on top of the machine to check there.

I forgot about the dummy plugs. I don't have them and doubt they were ever made. Is there any chance of removing the 4th without the dummy plugs?

Yes I was referencing page 298 of the Yasnac parameter manual you show. I did check the cabinet for a switch but see nothing. I followed the cables from the 4th to the drive. I haven't opened the box yet where the 4th axis cables connect to the machine on top of the machine to check there.

I forgot about the dummy plugs. I don't have them and doubt they were ever made. Is there any chance of removing the 4th without the dummy plugs?

Good Day
Have a Kita with I80 , and hoping to to the reverse of that you're doing. Would it be possible to obtain the parameters from the I80 controller to compare?
Kind regards
Peter

Back