What's new
What's new

Diy cnc

CaptnBlynd

Plastic
I am starting on a DIY CNC machine. Not because I can or will build better for less. Simply as a fun learning experience. I build 3D printers and want to expand my knowledge base. I have the mechanical design under control and I could use fusion 360 as the control software but I am not entirely comfortable with some of their terms of service.

What CNC software are you using? Can anyone tell me "industry standard" software names? Is anyone using open-source or hobbyist software? The software I choose can effect my choice of electronic hardware so knowing what people use in the real world would be a big help.

I'm using a 12 speed drill press with a bolt on milling table for my base and will add servos and stepper motors as need. Put it in a box and add a lubricant sprayer and I should have a decent learning tool. I like the machines more than using them but there just aren't classes in CNC milling machine design.

There is a forum geared more to your project, but it's blocked from being linked here.

Try "see en see zone dot com".

Back