What's new
What's new

DMC (Korea) CNC Machines-Reviews/Opinions

red beard

Cast Iron
I'm in the market for a new or late-model used two (or possibly 3) axis turning center, and I'm curious about DMC. I've seen a few used ones for sale, but I don't know much about them. There was a thread here on PM a few years ago, but no one seemed to know much about them then, so I'm bringing the topic back up.

Here's what I know about them:
The machines are manufactured in South Korea.
They have been in business since 1944.
The machine tool division of DMC was Purchased by the Fair Friend Group (Taiwan) in 2016, the makers of Feeler brand machines (among many others).
They have made machines for the Korean brands: Doosan and Hyundai and Japanese brands: Kiriu, Kira, and Takamaz.
They started selling in the US in 2008.
They are imported by Heartland Machine & Engineering (Franklin, IN)

Based on what I have seen online they appear to be well-built machines, but if anyone here has any personal experience with them, I would like to know what they think.

DMC appears to build some of the machines sold as Samsung. There's probably some helping each other out between a few of these brands.
In all my searching and getting some pricing on all of them, it doesn't appear like they offer as much as Doosan does for the $, maybe that's a bit different in the US.

I know the owner of Heartland Machine personally and was just up there today. The owner has been in the CNC business for 25+ years in different capacities. Being his own business he understands selling a junk machine will not work for the long term. They appear to me to be very well built machines and talking with his top application engineer he was telling me anything I wanted to know about them, and I was not up there to buy one just visit an old friend.

If you want to get pricing on new, shoot me an email and I can surely help you out. I know they do a lot of business in Michigan and I am sure they have a local customer to you to talk to.

ty1295 gmail

Jeff Scott

I know the owner of Heartland Machine personally and was just up there today. The owner has been in the CNC business for 25+ years in different capacities. Being his own business he understands selling a junk machine will not work for the long term. They appear to me to be very well built machines and talking with his top application engineer he was telling me anything I wanted to know about them, and I was not up there to buy one just visit an old friend.

If you want to get pricing on new, shoot me an email and I can surely help you out. I know they do a lot of business in Michigan and I am sure they have a local customer to you to talk to.

ty1295 gmail

Jeff Scott

Thanks for the offer. I got a quote on a new one yesterday.

The prices are a little higher than Samsung, but the used machine prices seem to be lower, probably due to the lack of name recognition.

You might be thinking of DMTG (Dalian), a large Chinese machine tool manufacturer.

I guess so.

I took this pic at that time:

DSCN0702_zps9880546a.jpg

... and every time I drive past this sign I think they stole'd it from the machine builder:

Google Maps

-----------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Thanks for the offer. I got a quote on a new one yesterday.

The prices are a little higher than Samsung, but the used machine prices seem to be lower, probably due to the lack of name recognition.

Did you compare them with Doosan and perhaps Hyundai-wia as well?

I plan on getting a quote from Doosan, but not Hyundai. It's nearly impossible to get a Hyundai service tech to come out here. I know because I have one.

If I can be of any help and convince my buddy to beat another brand on price and service let me know. ty1295@gmail

Back