What's new
What's new

DMG DMU 60P 5-axis machine, Kinematics setting

vgt

Plastic
Hi,
My "DMG DMU60P 5-axis machine is giving bit of trouble. Everything is OK while machining with 3 axis machining. the same profile if I machine using 5-axis strategy, it will cut at slightly (0.15mm in y axis) different position. Any idea how to correct it?
Thanks in advance for any helpful info.
Regards,
VGT

What control is it. Is it a single pallet have you set up the table for the kinematics ? Is it turned on before you run program

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Control is Heidenhain iTNC 530. It is single rotary type bed and the set up was done at the time of installation by the DMG service people. I use mastercam X9 with multi axis for programming. Paid extra to get the correct post and it turns on the coding for 5 axis machining automatically, if multi axis toolpath is used to program.

But when you touch off part it must be on then too. If all that looks good you probably got a off set with a number that equals what you are off by somewhere. How about in mc in the tab for planes is there a number in there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On Siemens control there are values to compensate for 3+2 and then there is a shift value for Traori (full 5 axis). I'd imagine Heidenhain has the same thing going on in the background?

Back