What's new
What's new

DMU 60 E retrofit

roland78

Plastic
Hi. have somebody retrofit such a cnc ? or see it ? or what are the steps after i change the rails and carriers at all axis to do forward? some cheks of the axis ? thank you.

If you have changed the linear rail assemblies make certain you go through the entire list of alignment checks as per the OEM.

This will involve getting the shims ground after initial checking, as well as repinning your ball screw assemblies, assuming this machine is similar to mine anyway.

Why do you want to change the control? What control is on it now? Does it work?

Nerv

2018-01-12 DMU 60 E 002.jpg2018-01-12 DMU 60 E 003.jpg2018-01-12 DMU 60 E 004.jpg2018-01-12 DMU 60 E 005.jpg2018-01-12 DMU 60 E 001.jpg
hi nerv.
thanks for answer. short history of this machine : was posted for sale in germany for retrofit. when arrived to me was without servo motors on the 3 axis and the electronics part for them , just few cables in the main board.
for the alignment checks as per the OEM have an idea from where to get this information? from factory? on the net is nothing to find about this machine. i need it the service manual about the components but the company just send it to the hungarian office and after few emails nothing more.

2018-01-12 DMU 60 E 011.jpg2018-01-12 DMU 60 E 012.jpg2018-01-12 DMU 60 E 013.jpg2018-01-12 DMU 60 E 014.jpg2018-01-12 DMU 60 E 015.jpg
here on one of the shims ground carrier under the moving z axis is a number. if i replace with the new carriers the old shims maybe will not be good

2018-01-12 DMU 60 E 023.jpg2018-01-12 DMU 60 E 024.jpg2018-01-12 DMU 60 E 025.jpg2018-01-12 DMU 60 E 026.jpg2018-01-12 DMU 60 E 027.jpg
and here the shim ground from x axis with a number on it.
until this point i arrived with the machine dismantling.

what do you know about this shim grounds if i must to replace them, can be buy it from somewhere?

Did you keep track of where each shim came from? If you did you may get lucky and the machine may be very close to aligned when you put on new rails.

Still, no servos, needs new rails... I wound't even slightly entertain such a project if it was me. You are better off to find something complete that needs far less to get going. I'm not sure how available machines are in your area, but here you don't have to spend all that much to have a much better head start than you have.

Having said all that, if I had to fit a machine like that with servos and everything, I would find a used machine with a good Fanuc 16i/18i on it that you could take complete. Those controls you can get software to write your own ladder and they are very reliable.

i keep it all the shims in the original position.
i agree with you about this problem whit this machine. it was not write what are the problems from the point of view of the rails and carriers. when i saw thw machine at home and in what stage was mud,oil,grease,water inside i realise that here is not good . for this reason i take apart from each axis 1 rail out , dismantled and send the picture to the supplier company. they said to drop them out quickly.
so what else to do ? i must to invest now and i find it the cheapest rails and carriers here in europe ( not chinese )and the system of servos and drivers for them. when is finish i know is new.
i contacted the hungarian dmg mori office to ask them about the OEM dates.if they not respond than i go forward to the main office in germany.
Have you a maintenance manual for this machine? i can't get no one .

Well what can I say, never buy a machine without seeing it first personally.
Does it have a controller or not?
Are all the servos missing with their drives?

You'll be doing alot of indicating with a good quality dial test indicator to setup the rails.
But first you must level the machine frame to the foundation if you are going to get accurate measurements.

If you have no experience maintaining and assembling a machine, why buy something you can't use.
At this point it will still be cheaper to sell that one for parts and find a machine that actually works.

If there is no control, you are in a world of troubles, you'll need to figure out everything from scratch, every proximity sensor, servos, toolchanger, spindle drive, all the logic to drive everything.
How much do you actually know on this subject, what to do?

If its a hobby, have fun. But if you're looking to make money, then now is the time to stop and find a working machine!

Marko

hi marko.
have no control , no electronics and no spindle, no servos, is totally for RETROFIT , so was sell it and for this reason i buy it. but what was not said is about the rails and carriers bad situation.
i buy it because i don't have it the amount of money to buy a working one.
then a have to do for my own projects at home.
i don't have the right amount of kw power need it for the real need of this machine, and if to upgrade it, maybe will not do it for a private in this country.
servo motors and transformers and control for them i can install new of lower power to feel the power in kw what i have available.
i don't know if somebody such a budget to travel in so many parts and see so many machine to decide for the right one. and even you buy a working can you see the carriers real stage of degradation? you can't.
i have asked and already find a supplier for all the srvos ,transformers for it, controllers, and what is still need it.
the only thing what was not in my plan, and perhaps to others too, to change the rails and carriers. yes, i have no experience at all in doing this, and i tell you sincerely i'm not afraid of doing. for this reason i asked and i will ask forward until i get the help i need.
and if i have so deep entered in this problem with this machine, then i want to know everything about it, because i will be the one to maintenance it. i like to have oil and grease on my hands.
so, if you have more about this subject and wants to help me and others too, with youtube or other kind of videos or pictures or description of the rail and carriers setup then send me.
thank you.
here are the rolls from carriers from all 3 axis, if somebody don't see it how looks like used ones.when i searched for such a stuffs on the net,i don't find almost nothing.and this thing can't be seen from outside when you buy a machine,is my opinion.nobody in the world is happy to change them in a short time, but this are used machines , not new from factory.
also(fel-oldal 2).jpgalso(fel-oldal 3).jpgfelso(fel-oldal 2).jpgtuloldal felso 1.jpgtuloldal felso 2.jpg

Ok, so it's going to be a hobby machine.
Can't see clearly from the pictures, have the roller flat spots on them?

For hobby use I would clean the rails and blocks, and if there are no severe pitting or wear just reassemble with new rollers, and be done with it.

What controller are you going to use? Hopefully not anything that starts with Mach...
The most power that is demanded is for the spindle, the servos only need like a 1kw each on a machine that size.

Then to the buying part, looking over the machine yourself, you could have pushed manually the table, and or rotated the ballscrews by hand. You can tell a lot about a machine just by sound and feel, if it feels crummy and not smooth.
Cheap endoscope is a really good help to see ways and what not.

Not judging, just a reminder for next time. Now you have a machine to work on, but it's going to be a steep learning curve to getting it moving again.

Don't go with the cheapest chinese shit for servos and amps, I would rather go with used name brand stuff than new chinese.
Even DC if the price is right and you'll get a good set. But that's just me.

Marko

i want to replace the rails and carriers totally. maybe on the picture is not obvious are very bad.
this machine was keep it outside for x time. i have find already the match for Schneeberger MRB35-G1-V3 for the real one on the machine ==MR W 35 B-G1-V3. Or the HIWIN RGW35HC-ZB-H. there are the IKO MX 35 C1 T2 HS2 + IKO LRX 35 R1200 HS2 , CPC HRR 35 FN-S-V2-H + CPC HRR 35-H-1200 , SKF LLUHC 35LA-T2-P01 + SKF LLUHR 35 1200.0P01/E18.5 ,
the diference beetwen all this is the price and the quality.
have an idea about this ones from the point of view of quality ? HIWIN is the cheapest TAIWAN and then Scheeberger ( Germany ) and SKF on price and last IKO .
controller LINUX . i talked with markcomp77 from cnc.com about other type of machine and figure out what is need it .
3 stepper-servo-sets 8.7Nm + complete power supply (2kw) + optoBob +
some relays + pwm2dc (to make 0-10V for spindle inverter)+
control cabinet...
2. LinuxCnc via LPT (the best for LPT)
3... mesa additional card for linuxCNC(eg. 6i25+7i76) .
i must to figure out later this stuffs with him.
i'm concentrating now on the rail and carrier change and buying them.

the rollers are in bad condition and i must to replace them all.
like controller i will use LINUX and i have talk with somebody about this. i write it here, but the moderator deleted.why?
the servos 8.7N/ axis with transformers,power supply,and all what is need it.
the tool charger perhaps for the moment i can't use ,but we will see in the future.
when for the next machine buy i will keep in mind this advice from you.
for the moment i concentrate in finding and getting the dates i need for the rails and carriers replace.
i will search on the web after such instalation and checks , is are there such stuffs.

For a hobby use Hiwin is just fine, and why not for moderate production use also.
Linuxcnc is an ok choice, I would consider Mesa boards for electronics with analog output for the servo drives.

Remember when making the electronics and wiring, make good documentation and a clear wiring diagram.
Separate the signal and power wires in the cabinet.
The more clean installation you can make the better, it will help to troubleshoot later on the machine life when something goes wrong.

Use good quality wire and connectors.

Marko

Edit: take some closeup pictures from the rails and bearing blocks, budjet fix would be to change just the rollers inside the blocks if the blocks and rails aree not too bad.

My Hurco has a Linux CNC control with Pico systems PPMC. It works great, if I had to do it again I would go the same route. I'm using the original servo and spindle drives that are analog signal control. If servo drives need to upgraded I would be going to the Yaskawa sigma 7's most likely. If I did a ground up including control, I would probably go to digital control Ethernet connected.

Since you need all the electronics it may be worth looking into the complete Siemens package control and motion systems.

I'm happy with the way LCNC works, one of the reasons it gets looked down on here is it's a project. The majority of people here want to run the machine instead of another project. The great thing about it is if your inclined you can make it do anything you want.

Is LCNC as good as the modern Okuma, Fanuc, Siemens, Hurco control? Well..... Biggest challenge is it's up to the user to enhance the control which some people just don't want to screw with it or learn it when there have run xxxx control and know that one. I haven't run into something in LCNC, that has wanted me to pull it and put the Siemens or Emerson control in. All the challenges I have been able to modify it to my needs and preferences.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

i will take in consideration all this advices and i save them , when i came to the point to buy the servos and what they need. i will tell you in that moment. for the moment the budget if for the rails ( before to know about the rail and carrriage problem was for retro ).
i have a hard time this days with this company maho-deckel. i asked the german office to give me detail about this machine, they send it to the hungarian one , 1 yera ago when i buy it, and now they are doing forward. the issue is in theyr database is a hungarian company and they don't give information to 3 part. i am private , not a company hard for them to understand .
today i take it down the main lube --i guess --.the plastic bowl is full of cracks , maybe after i wash from oil i can weld with something -- i have for the moment no idea.
i asked my electricien frind to help me with the wires , because i want to see if the motor inside 380v/ 1 is still good. a want to do a check to the other 2 lube motors .
i have no fear my friends to change this rails and carriage. read this from pictures.Screenshot (66).jpgScreenshot (69).jpgScreenshot (70).jpgScreenshot (76).jpgScreenshot (77).jpg

Screenshot (84).jpgScreenshot (86).jpgScreenshot (88).jpgScreenshot (89).jpg
the caps to take it out from rails was a chalenge at the start point.i try it to drill and make a thread and with a screw to take it out, but aiai i brake them all. so i give it up this kind of method, how the bigger ones advice.
i take it a drill machine 650w, Sheet metal screws, Hex washer head self drilling 10mm the head in size and long 20 mm ( i think ),10 pieces , 2-3 from the same size but 100 mm long, a hammer 500 grams, 1 pair of pliers, 1 metric combination wrench size 10 for the self screw bolt the longer one after you take out the caps and some oil for the self screw bolt little and bid one.
i drilled with the little hex screw how long is the drilling part of it inside the cap and then changed with the longer hex screw ( ATTENTION -- TO THIS ONE I CUT IT DOWN THE SELF DRILLING PART , SO NOW IS NORMAL METRIC SCREW ) i screw it in the hole and with the hammer i punch on the metal thru which was the long hex screw past.
you don't must to punch it with the full force , but some power on it is need it. and is out or the full cap or the inside -- this metal cap is from 2 parts.
this take it to me without to hurry at all 1 min and few seconds. if you don't believe , try it. and there are few hundreds of this caps.
the most tiring part is keeping you in the drilling position and drilling, this you will fill. in do it for each axis in another day. you can finish with all in few hours , but is not worth. if someone need more infos or not understand i will prepair the material what i used and do pictures.
thank to God that i succeed with them like that.

i still have some cables from machine,i will use from them how much i can.
i will try to find a better foto machine, my is very week to do picture to the rail.but i want to change them all.
i find it in taiwan 4 producers 1 is hiwin and 3 others . the price here in europe for a carriage for this machine ( if the one which i find on it is right one ?????!!!!! ) is around 90 - 100 euros .
the rails are a little bit more . the other company product are double and triple in prices. if someone need more infos , just let me know.
be sure i will do and struggle to learn and find how to manage the LINUX .
i have a an idea and i will try it. i buy it a tilting rotary-table PI-3 from england. ofcourse, like with this machine was not all tell it to me or just in the last moment ,the worm is missing. good, i will find something instead. i think it to put this tilting table in the place of the old spindle , with new construction, and the spindle which i must to buy to attach it to the tilting. will not be a full 5 axis , but close to it. so, how you like the idea?
i don't know what kind of lubrication used this machine , because in one recipient which today i cleaned inside outside was OIL, and in the other 2 GREASE. have someone a 100% knowledge ?

Back