What's new
What's new

DMU50 Price?

Dave Rocks

Cast Iron
Hi Guys,

We are considering selling our Mori NL1500SY and getting into a 5-axis DMG Mori DMU50 with 60 tools, chip conveyor and thru spindle coolant. The NL is a great machine but we don't really have the right work for it and we are more geared to milling.

Can someone who owns this machine comment on new price?

Thank you.

-Dave

Hi Guys,

We are considering selling our Mori NL1500SY and getting into a 5-axis DMG Mori DMU50 with 60 tools, chip conveyor and thru spindle coolant. The NL is a great machine but we don't really have the right work for it and we are more geared to milling.

Can someone who owns this machine comment on new price?

Thank you.

-Dave

As per a conversation with an Ellison sales guy a few weeks ago, a DMU50 with a solid set of options boxes ticked is "about $275k."

If you can go 3+2, you can save a lot going with the DMU50 Eco (the 3+2 versus true 5 axis is what makes the Eco... Eco).

I probably shouldn't say what we paid for it, but I think with the options we have, glass scales, probe, paper coolant filtration, we were at a little over 300k.... then we got a deal deal, as it was sitting on a showroom floor.

We purchased from Bolt

contact Tim Presicci @ 585 721 8665

I'd look really hard at other brands also. I'm saying this and we own a newer Mori machining center. Haven't heard great things about the the newest DMG machines....

I know two shops with DMU series machines (a 50 and a 60). Both recent deliveries with Siemens controllers. They flipping *love* them. I know a certain technology company that makes a popular cellular telephone in Coupertino has a room full of DMU50s for prototyping, and is buying more.

I also know there is some grumbling about the Eco series of 3+2 machines. The Euro ones are different from the ones being delivered in the USA, but I don't have any direct knowledge of any shops using them, just internet chatter.

You need to wrap you mind around DMG nomenclature, which I can do for sort of 5 minutes at a time.

They make (or at least have made) machines which are 5-axis or 3+2 in at least the following configurations:

1. Rotary head (B-axis) with circular C-axis table embedded in flat main table (DMU60/DMU80 etc) I have a DMU60

2. DMU65/DMU85/DMU105... - these are trunnion machines - XYZ in head with A and C on trunnion. While they sound just a little bigger in the model number, they are in practice much "bigger" machines - unless you need the flat table.

3. The dublocks - which are vertical/horizontal nuckle head machines that can be very large.

The Point => Make sure you grok which configuration you actually want.

Keep in mind they offer a variety of controller optoins as well.

Back