What's new
What's new

Parts supplier for CNC build

toadjammer

Hot Rolled
What are the popular and affordable companies for the DIY CNC build. I am looking to build a positioner that uses steppers with controllers or control cards and linear slides.
Thanks
Toad

Honestly, I think the guys at CNC zone get a lot more involved in DIY CNC stuff. Good info over there on that. I honestly do not know what one would want to use steppers. Maybe that is just easier and offers open loop configuration. I would think, if it was worth messing with, it would be worth doing right.

here is a BUNCH of CNC controlled equipment for sale right now. Even if you bought old, the iron is worth something and you have a platform to work from. What really dates machines is the electronics. may just upgrade a quality machine and go. We were itching to upgrade our old tree CNC a while back and go PC based but did not have the time to mess with it. Time is money in this game.

Thanks for the replies I'll go on to CNC Zone and check that out. I am not building a common CNC machine, but rather a CNC positioner to custom configuration for a specific non machining use. Thanks for the help.
Toad

Back