What's new
What's new

Does this parameter download look right?

dbramley

Plastic
I have another thread posted about my MX3 controller and its limited memory.

Post here. http://www.practicalmachinist.com/vb/cnc-machining/yasnak-mx3-help-memory-issues-343337/

I am going to upgrade the memory to 1MB but need to download the parameters first. I used NCLink to download them but them came out in NC format. Is this correct?

I mean, if for some reason I fry the parameters can I upload this file to install the parameters back in?

Here's the file:

IMG_0718.jpg

Thanks for the help!!!

As far as I recall it looks right. I don't remember the X in the data line, but the rest looks right. It's been at least 10 years since I last worked on an MX series control so things are a bit foggy.

I have another thread posted about my MX3 controller and its limited memory.

Post here. http://www.practicalmachinist.com/vb/cnc-machining/yasnak-mx3-help-memory-issues-343337/

I am going to upgrade the memory to 1MB but need to download the parameters first. I used NCLink to download them but them came out in NC format. Is this correct?

I mean, if for some reason I fry the parameters can I upload this file to install the parameters back in?

Here's the file:

View attachment 214756

Thanks for the help!!!

I have priced memory up grades ...I drip feed .buy a cheap ebay computer and dedicate it to
that one machine and never worry about file size again.

The Yasnac will run a lot faster from memory than from the drip feed. If you have the money, I think it's a good investment.

The Yasnac will run a lot faster from memory than from the drip feed. If you have the money, I think it's a good investment.

AMEN! I just drip fed a scanned surface today that had really small moves. It's going to end up a polished optical surface so I programmed the surface with really tight tolerances in CAM. 18 to 20 IPM was as good as it could do without starving for data at 9600 baud. Sadly the Meldas 50M is maxed out at 128kB and this file was about 350kB.

Back