What's new
What's new

Turn on Beacon Light on Machine

Smrtman5

Cast Iron
I feel like ive seen this question before, but i couldnt find the answer....so

Is there a way to manually control the beacon light on the top of a cnc? Perhaps getting it to illuminate or flash red?

The only thing i can think of right now is having an M code relay turn on or off a separate light....but thats a pricey lightswitch....

Specific machine is a Doosan HP4000 31i, but id be interested to know if this is possible on any other machines too.

any thoughts?

Most of the time the ladder logic of the PLC is used to trigger the output that controls the light. It sees a specific input and effects the appropriatte output. If you have access to the ladder, it's simple. If you have access to the output you can map it from an M code if you wish.

Not particularilly simple, but quite possible. I've done it on several machines.

Im not too familiar with the electrical side of the inner workings of these machines, can you explain a bit more please?

Toggle switch would be the easiest way.

I don't think he wants to turn it on by hand :)

Does the light come on when there is an alarm? You might run the machine over to a soft stop as part of the program. This works on a waterjet I've seen in the past.

If all your trying to do is get a signal to let you know the machine has shut off, what about something as simple as a small buzzer wired into the end of cycle light?

I want to use the probe data to control an if statement, such as IF[#143 GT .001] THEN #3006=1 (Out of tolerance). The #3006 replicates an M01 but doesnt flash the red light. I dont want to alarm out, bc then the operator has to reset and cant run through the rest of the probe inspection cycle, but i do want the operator to be aware of the issue, hence turning on the light, so he sees it.

There is no simple way unless you have a spare M-code.
One can write an output interface variable and modify the ladder to have an output signal which can be used to drive a relay. The relay PCB may have extra relays.

Back