What's new
What's new

Doosan DNM 500 + Other Moving Pictures *Not dialup friendly*

dstryr

Diamond
I had posted in a thread a while back about posting some pictures of our new DNM 500 but never got around to it due to the craziness from the move. Here are some pictures of the machine and some others of our old shop, new shop, and some machines.

Old Shop
img00014201008191723.jpg

Movers
img00012201008201036.jpg

New Doosan
img00006201008200832.jpg

img00004201008200824.jpg

img00003201008200813.jpg

img00022201008201839.jpg

New Shop with some machines

img00020201008201838.jpg

img00019201008201838.jpg

Big thanks for the pictures!

On the DNM, the tool changer looks higher than the Z servo motor, is that right? did you go with the regular 30tool, or 40? from the specs I had read the servo was higher, but it doesn't look that was in the pictures. Wondering now it it really would fit in my shop or now (103" high door) maybe was 106.5 I think but figured I could take the servo off if I went with a DNM400.

Otherwise, its making chips well so far?

Those Brothers are looking surprisingly tall too.

We went with the regular 30 tool and I'll take a quick measurement for you tomorrow at work. First few jobs have been very light duty tasks that needed the 4020 travel but the machine is holding its accuracy perfectly.

It's nice that they are putting a 15hp/cont motor on them, compared to most others being a 10HP, and sometimes less. This should more some pretty serious chips with the big-plus spindle and the right holders :)

it's interesting how the sheet metal is so asymmetrical on the Doosan.

My two okuma mills are like that because they only have one big door. Not a big deal though. I have a macro programmed to move the machine where I like it to load unload at the end of a program.

Nice machine and nice shop! How do you like the brothers?

I think they also figured with the table to that side of the head it would make loading/unloading easier since you can sling straight up from above the machine, the brochure has a picture showing it.

My two okuma mills are like that because they only have one big door. Not a big deal though. I have a macro programmed to move the machine where I like it to load unload at the end of a program.

Nice machine and nice shop! How do you like the brothers?

Love the brother machines. They are super fast and accurate (especially compared to the fadals we have / used to have). They are more lighter duty so we dont do much hogging on them but they handle medium duty roughing just fine. One of the main advantages of them is that they are so simple in design so repairs are super easy. We've only had 1 problem between all 3 machines for the last 8 years.

I couldn't see, but do they have the pallet changer table? A drill tap machine is in our future but just don't know which one yet :)

Sorry for the long delay in posting. The new Doosan is working great. We did a repeat steel job with a lot of hogging lately that used to make the fadal vibrate a lot. The job ran flawlessly on the new doosan with speeds and feeds about 20% faster than the fadal was set at. Besides that steel job we have just been doing basic 6061 aluminum jobss. We have been so busy that we havent had time to readjust our programs for increased speeds and feeds with the 12,000rpm spindle and bigger machine. Getting ready to throw the 4th axis on for the first time and make some chips.

Let me know if you would like to know anything else? :D

We're looking at purchasing a DNM400 or DNM500. Just wondering how the machine is running for you now, and any experience you might want to share with any maintenance issues, etc.

Thanks,

Mark

Yes, we're aware of the updates and improvements, but we're also hoping to hear from some users on how the machines have been for them, reliability, etc.

Mark

Well....we sell Doosan new so i'm biased but our customers that have bought the DNM's have been happy. I haven't heard any major service issues but i'm sure you'll want to hear this from someone who is more of a neutral party. They really have been flawless with minimal (if any) service calls.

Yes, we're aware of the updates and improvements, but we're also hoping to hear from some users on how the machines have been for them, reliability, etc.

Mark

I love this beast... It takes twice the cuts that our fadals and surface finishes are awesome. I wish we had the high speed control for surfacing but we don't unfortunately. I've run huge molds on it with 5" deep pockets and it cuts great. Really couldn't ask for a better machine for the money.

I can push curtis's ripper mill to the max and I've done some cutting with 5" necked 1" em's in deep pockets and it just hums along. Let me know if I can help you with anything else. We need to get a DNM 600 here soon with all these huge parts we are making lately.

Thanks for the update! Any service/maintenance issues?

None. After 4 months of owning it one of the rookie operators for got to snug up a vice where we were fly cutting some large plates down to thickness and it shot the plate out and broke the spindle belt. It was fixed within 2 days and no other issues. If you do 3d make sure you get the higher speed fanuc option... :/ But as we speak mine is running a large mold lights out with no issues. I go in tomorrow to put the other half on..

Back