What's new
What's new

DPRNT Help Needed... Milltronics Cent6 to Yuasa indexer via RS232?

Acumen

Aluminum
Hello and thank you for looking...

I have a Milltronics VM-24 with a Centurion 6 control, which was upgraded from a Cent5. I mention this because it probably didn't ship with a spare M code relay from the factory, should I be forced to use the M code function to utilize the indexer.

Here is my issue:
I am trying to find out if I can integrate a Yuasa SUDX-280 rotary indexer using the DPRNT function via an RS232 connection? While Milltronics technical and parts support has historically been VERY helpful with most of my inquiries, I have not had much luck with them in getting this question answered.

I realize that I can easily utilize the spare M code function and "trigger" the indexer with it's own internal program. However, I don't believe that this is the most reliable or best way of accomplishing this project. I will consider this option only as a last resort, so please let's only discuss the DPRNT option at this stage...

Does any one here have experience with this combination? Thank you in advance for any assistance!

Best Regards,
Steve

Hello and thank you for looking...

I have a Milltronics VM-24 with a Centurion 6 control, which was upgraded from a Cent5. I mention this because it probably didn't ship with a spare M code relay from the factory, should I be forced to use the M code function to utilize the indexer.

Here is my issue:
I am trying to find out if I can integrate a Yuasa SUDX-280 rotary indexer using the DPRNT function via an RS232 connection? While Milltronics technical and parts support has historically been VERY helpful with most of my inquiries, I have not had much luck with them in getting this question answered.

I realize that I can easily utilize the spare M code function and "trigger" the indexer with it's own internal program. However, I don't believe that this is the most reliable or best way of accomplishing this project. I will consider this option only as a last resort, so please let's only discuss the DPRNT option at this stage...

Does any one here have experience with this combination? Thank you in advance for any assistance!

Best Regards,
Steve

Hello Steve,
Indeed you can. You need to know the syntax of the commands the Indexer responds to and from there the task is fairly simple. My approach would be to use a Custom G or M code that passes the Index Data as an argument to a Macro Program. The Macro Program would take the data passed and work it into a string of the correct syntax and send it to the Indexer.

Regards,

Bill

Back