What's new
What's new

Air line water filter bowl problem.

wrustle

Titanium
Had my machine off for a few days (Haas VF-0) and disconnected the airline. Now when hooking up the air to the machine, the damn automatic water bowl is stuck open and the air just blasts out through the bottom!! Tried everything to correct it, but still just lets the air blast out.....any suggestions, short of Mister Slammy.....came real close to that all ready! Cannot even fire up the machine without the air.

Best Regards,
Russ

There is usually a check valve involved. It lets the water out at low pressure then seats as pressure increases. It sounds like your check valve is stuck in the open or up position.

Possibly a small piece of scale could be lodged in the valve mentioned above.. holding it open.

turn off air, take off bowl and attempt to clean...

good luck.

the same thing happened to me. theres a little stem on the bottom, kind of like an air stem on a tire. push up on it with a small piece of round stock to see if you can blow out whatever is stuck in it.

when mine finally crapped out i bought one through msc i think it was close to $200.00 you could probably find one somewhere else cheaper.

You might want to keep track of the water build up in the glass bowel. You're fix means it cannot get out and will eventually end up where it's not supposed to.

Thanks Vern.....I understand fully what you're saying. The line is filtered right before it gets to the Haas....less than 10 feet, so I have never seen even a drop of condensation in the bowl, and it is just a quick fix. I have called Haas, but haven't heard back from them yet. Hopefully they will either have a solution to the problem, or perhaps even just the float (for lack of a better word) for inside the bowl.

Best Regards,
Russ

My 02 Haas SL-10 uses standard Norgren stuff. MSC sells it and usually has it in stock somewhere.

I had a similar problem when oil from the compressor swelled up the o-ring that seals the bowl. It sucks waiting for a $2 o-ring so you can run your machine.

Back