What's new
What's new

Bridgeport Boss 9 Troubleshooting

waynger

Aluminum
I am trying to get a Boss 9 working for a friend, however I have never operated one newer than a boss 4 . This one has nothing on the CRT unless you press the reset button on the side of the cabinet. At that point it says "Hardware test in progress IDE1" then it starts displaying a list of tests that all end with ok except for the last one: INTS then thats all it does. All the leds are lit on the control panel but pressing buttons or even hitting the emergency stop button doesn't do anything. 2 of the axis are on the limit switches. Can anyone tell me what to look for or what possibly could be happening? Here is a screen shot http://www.overbeckmachine.com/images/boss9.jpg

Thanks in advance
Wayne

Dumb as it may seem, check the lube pump and see if it's full of oil. I had one just like it and it used to do weird things when it was out of oil. It is a nice machine. I haven't run one in over 6 years, there is also a homing sequence that escapes me at the moment.
Dave

Wayne,
Start checking fuses, one could be bad. I'll see if I can get the manuals back from my cousin, I had all of them for that machine including the service manual. When it gets to the inits line I believe it is trying to enable the servo's but I'm not sure.
Dave

Back