What's new
What's new

Drip feedinf fanuc 10t

fuquamatt

Aluminum
I have a Fanuc 10t controller that I need to drip feed a program into. The drip feeding will start out correct and then about a quarter f the way through my program I am receiving error code SR824 buffer overflow (RS232C_1). I have been able to send and receive info from the machine to my computer and vice versa, but am having trouble drip feeding. I have tried changing the baud rate and that helped some but it still is not sending the whole program. Thanks for any help.

Your handshaking is not reacting quick enough so the PC continues to send too many characters after the CNC sends a stop code or signal. Tell us more about your cable configuration, Native RS-232 port on PC or USB to RS-232 converter, software, etc.

Your handshaking is not reacting quick enough so the PC continues to send too many characters after the CNC sends a stop code or signal. Tell us more about your cable configuration, Native RS-232 port on PC or USB to RS-232 converter, software, etc.

Its a usb port on the computer to a rs232 9 pin to a 25 pin. The dnc program that I am using is the REMO DNC program.

I had to try 3 different USB to RS-232 converters to get one that worked 100% for drip feeding. MOXA uport 1100 was the one that worked. There may be a setting in the device manager for your adapter that may help. Look to see if there is a FIFO buffer disable check box. If there is then check it and restart the computer and try again. If it is still bad then I'd try a PC with a native serial port or get a PCI to RS232 board, or get a Keyspan or Moxa USB to serial port converter.

I had to try 3 different USB to RS-232 converters to get one that worked 100% for drip feeding. MOXA uport 1100 was the one that worked. There may be a setting in the device manager for your adapter that may help. Look to see if there is a FIFO buffer disable check box. If there is then check it and restart the computer and try again. If it is still bad then I'd try a PC with a native serial port or get a PCI to RS232 board, or get a Keyspan or Moxa USB to serial port converter.

My rs232 is wired up with the simpler 3 wire configuration and it works on my om. Am I going to have to made a different rs232 with the 4 wire configuration for this machine?

Back