What's new
What's new

Drip Feeding Acramatic 950

Ox

Diamond
I cannot find anything in the manual about it.
Is it even possible?

------------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Cincinnati had proprietary software to drip feed the 850 that needs DOS to run. I think the same software worked on the 950 but I'm not ready to bet money on it.

I think it's available as a download file on the acramatic yahoo forum. It's been discussed how to make it work under some version of windows too IIRC.

If you can't find it I might have it stashed away here somewhere (and hidden real well) but I've never tried to use it on anything so I can't be much help with it.

So it would need to be dripped from a PC directly, as opposed to say - my Calmation (Shop Floor Automation?) USB drive interface prolly?

I "joined" the group, but looks pretty empty in there. But I haven't been inside yet. Just looking at the posts/month calendar out front... I'm not allowed in with the "in' crowd yet.

--------------------------

The "In Crowd"
Ox

So it would need to be dripped from a PC directly, as opposed to say - my Calmation (Shop Floor Automation?) USB drive interface prolly?
I'm pretty sure that's a yes.

I "joined" the group, but looks pretty empty in there. But I haven't been inside yet. Just looking at the posts/month calendar out front... I'm not allowed in with the "in' crowd yet.

--------------------------

The "In Crowd"
Ox

It's been slow the last few years, I think that's a sign the controls aren't getting younger.

Went back and read the DOS section in the manual, and it told me what keys would work differently, and how to mimik a mouse. Nothing about how to get into DOS, nor why I would want to at all.... :crazy:

I have a call into Tom @ Fives. We'll see if that shines a light...

---------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Turns out that I don't have the option, and at least one of the Acramatic sources (Siemens or Fives) wants $14K to turn the option on. Somehow they didn't get the memo that the life of the machine is such that we have already lost 90% of the likelyhood of using the option.

I was able to break the process down into several "programs" and string them together via a subroutine layout.

Max file size is s'posed to be 120K, but I was not able to get 115K files to load, and said that I needed to break them down further. We broke them down to <100K and they slipped in fine. Then when the control automatically stripped out the spaces - we were down to 80K files.

Mine has 960K max memory. I don't know what all was available.

----------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Interesting. It may not be a very pragmatic approach for us to break these programs down into subroutines. Unfortunately.

How did you come to figure out that you don't have the option for drip feeding turned on?

Interesting. It may not be a very pragmatic approach for us to break these programs down into subroutines. Unfortunately.

How did you come to figure out that you don't have the option for drip feeding turned on?

We were running a 3D job, and it's no big deal to break it out. Simply break it at any Z-clear move.

Now you CAN let the control break it up for you too. It is called "segmenting".
Look at chapter 9 in your Operating Manual.
When I broused through it - I didn't find it all that much different than the subroutine approach, but with a Master and subs, I can re-start the process easilly at any of the breaks, so I went that way.

----------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Have you encountered this fellow in your search for 950 stuff? - http://www.henningmachine.com/HENNINGWEBSITE.swf

Seems I saw him offering 950 control upgrades beyond what is on his site, but can't remember where.

I keep getting warnings about going to that site. (Is that a site, or just a file, or???)

???

Is that one of the guys that selss stuff on The Bay - like CRT upgrades and such?
Pretty sure that I have seen the name before...

???

----------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

I keep getting warnings about going to that site. (Is that a site, or just a file, or???)

???

Is that one of the guys that selss stuff on The Bay - like CRT upgrades and such?
Pretty sure that I have seen the name before...

???

----------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

didn't get any. It's just a handful of pages w/one photo, doesn't look like it's been updated lately
I

Well, I tried to open it ("keep" it?) and then it gave me an error that there are no programs associated with this _ whatever ...

I don't think I need to pursue any further....

------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

I spoke with that guy on the phone yesterday. Seemed nice enough, seemed pretty knowledgeable on the Cinci stuff too. I brought up the look of his website...he got a good laugh out of that one. He did bring up some alternatives to the continuous load option and expanded memory for the Maxim.

Got quotes from Fives yesterday...10K for either continuous load option being turned on OR the 3MB memory upgrade.

Prices for memory on those things are stuck back in the 90's for sure.

Back