What's new
What's new

drives randomly dropping out on milltronics bedmill with cent V controller

Joe Miranda

Titanium
We have been having an issue with our milltronics bedmill where the drives will just randomly drop out; sometimes in the middle of a cycle, other times when the machine is sitting idle with the spindle stopped. We are not seeing an alarm message. Any ideas or suggestions?

Droping like switching off completely? Or by logic level switching off?
I'm not familiar with your controller but have seen drive dropping offline from 24v psu malfunctioning with bad capacitor.

Marko

We have been having an issue with our milltronics bedmill where the drives will just randomly drop out; sometimes in the middle of a cycle, other times when the machine is sitting idle with the spindle stopped. We are not seeing an alarm message. Any ideas or suggestions?

Sounds like a call to Miltronics is in order, they have been a big help a few times with my lathe.

Thanks guys - I think Marko nailed it - it looks like the 24v power supply. I have one on order. I will report back once we get it installed so it completes the thread.

Last edited:
Well I hope it helps, its nasty to try and find a fault without any alarms, had needed couple of times to go to component level on fixing things in a hurry.
Mostly its capacitors that die on electronics, they are the heaviest components so vibration kills them first.
First goes a cap and then the ic it was feeding.

Was pain to find the psu fault so I thought I would share my findings on a similar problem.

Marko

Back