What's new
What's new

Fanuc OM-F control - Drip feed ?

Milacron

Administrator
Staff member
Does 1989 Fanuc OMF have drip feed capability ? Looked in operations manual and no mention of it anywhere.

a few years back I had to do this on a fanuc controller and saved my chicken scratch note as a pdf file. I beleive it was an OMF but I'm not sure. Hope this might help

Steve

The file is too large to upload. It's a a photo copy I scaned in. I'll try to send it to you directly

dnc on fanuc

You should be able to dnc to your fanuc om* if the control has a tape mode without any special options being added in. Standard rs232 data transfer programs like procomm or even bobcad will work if you don't have task specific DNC software.

The handshake should be xon/xoff and if you get buffer overflow alarms on the fanuc the fifo buffer on the pc can be reduced. The fanuc will only take in 10 more bits after sending an xoff signal to the pc but a windows xp pc most likely will have a 16 bit output buffer size set on it.

When the control issues xoff its basically telling the pc "I'm full, hold data till I free up space" the pc will hold the data transfer into its output buffer but the output buffer will finish sending what it has in it at that point, 16 more bits.

The alarm comes from the buffer of the pc being larger than the buffer of the control. The control buffer overflows after 10 bits and triggers the buffer overflow alarm when the pc over sends after the xoff.

Some machine tool builders don't include tape mode on the front panel anymore but it may still be in the ladder and accessed through a non option bit change. If its not in your ladder I think your stuck unless you can edit it. All 11 of my fanucs have a tape mode on the selector right by edit & mem.

Back