What's new
What's new

Dynapath Delta 20 won't come out of E-stop

ohiojohnny85

Plastic
HELP!!! My main lathe has a Delta Dynapath 20 control. It was idling, so I hit the E-stop. Got done on the mill, went back to the lathe, now it won't come out of E-stop. I rebooted several times, no fix. ERR ACT window on control is flashing green every three seconds. I have 24 volts in and out of the stop switch, and 24 volts downstream to all the limit switches, and all the switches seem to be functioning fine. Repairman can't get to me for a week or more, and I am DEAD IN THE WATER without this lathe. PLease help me before I lose my butt over this. JC

just to cover the easy stuff

try rotating the e-stop button - sometimes that's what you got to do to get those things to reset right. kinda think you should not have 24v out if button is not made. worth a try to see if fault would clear with 0 volts.

I may be totally out to lunch on this, but I had something very similar happen to me today on my old bridgeport w/dynapath 20 control. I turned the spindle on and off manually a couple times trying to use an old edge finder to set zero, on the third attempt...nothing...nothing would work and the error said the emergency stop was on. Talked to dynapath and they directed me to look in the control panel (where the controller and processor boards are) There's an overload breaker that will give what he called an open E loop. Mine was toward the bottom of the cabinet and was integrated with what looked like mini-circuit breakers. It was a little red button sticking out which clicked when pushed ....kinda like a reset button...
Hope you get it figured out!!

You should have 1 section of terminal strip with all you "E-stop" permisives going to and from on it - then before finally heading over to the processor. Start at "!" and head down the strip with a multimeter. By chance you may have missed one you haven't thought of.

Finally I would insure the final permisive is sending signal to the processor before I decided to blame the control. IF you have control voltage heading into the processor but it not being acknowledged - then with power disconnected to the machie by disconnect or unplugging it, reseat all your cards in the card gage by gently backing them out of their slot and seating them in again.

This has worked more times for me then most manufactures would like to admit

kinda O/T

my dyna told me the way lube was low,it wasnt,I took the wires apart looking for broken,thought maybe float switch was bad as well,called Mr. Sparky(son in law) to have a look,we went over many things.
Turned out it meant the spindle oiler was low,I was relieved and imbarassed,mostly relieved as I filled er up and fired that motha up like nothing was wrong.
Same alarm for both oilers.

Back