What's new
What's new

dynapath interrupt alarm

Dukerc51

Aluminum
Hello have an old shizouka mill with a dynapath system 10. On start up I get a 154.. interrupt alarm. Does anyone know what this is. I cant seem to find any info on it. Thanks

Thanks for the reply. I already talked to parts and smarts. They want the whole controller to diagnose. Just deciding if its worth fixing this or not. It would be nice to have them go through the whole control.

First time you've ever started it up, and it hasn't been run in five years?
Or it's run great for five months, and then suddenly this?
I would start with power-off, re-seating boards and connectors carefully, and checking for motor contactor overloads, like on coolant pump.

Chip

Machine was used sporadically last year. I just moved machine to new shop. I've reseated boards and connectors. It does run at its new home, but it doesn't z reference, or read M40,M41,M08,or M03. It does seem to be behaving better the more I use it. It wouldn't go home after M30 but now it started to. I have a led lit on board next to J2. I can post pics later of the red led thats on. Thanks I'll check overloads.

Duker51

All of the functions you listed are routed through the PLC mounted to the power cabinet door. Manually move spindle controls on the head and see if you can see the correct LEDs light up. Actually the switches are inputs to the PLC so if the functions work manually then the PLC is probably OK. The signals to the PLC come from the back MIO board in the computer rack. Post a photo of the spindle speed control interface board mounted below the PLC on the power cabinet door and I can highlight which LEDs to decode the signals from the MIO board.

I had to figure all of this out to get my shiz working, bad MIO board, wrong wiring on prints. I still don't have any System 10 documentation but the delta 10 manual is very close for the functions that are the same (conversational coding and machine start up).

John

So does your statement above mean there's no manual switch to do so, or that when you switch them, they do not activate?

We have a DynaPath 20 on a Comet MV, so no guarantees of similarity, but...
In the cabinet there's a resettable overload contactor for the coolant pump... about 3" square or so. Small blue flag to push in to reset. Control is not real communicative of the fault when tripped. I only saw it flash by once. You know to look when clearing the e-stop fault does not reset the machine.

Chip

Yes it has switches for coolant, spindle, and brake. Chip your saying look in cabinet while resetting alarm?

If you can turn on the spindle, then the fault is not in the e-stop circuit... unless it's wired "creatively".
If it's wired "creatively", I can't help you from here.
The overload/contactor for the coolant pump on "my" machine is in the electronics cabinet on the back.
If you shouldn't be digging around in there, don't.
If you do go digging around, lock out/tag out the machine.
If this terminology is foreign to you, then pick up the phone instead of the screwdriver...
Lots of wiring info available on DynaPath's website. You can also buy a manual there for most of their controls.

To answer your question directly, I'm saying remove power, lock out/tag out the machine, then look in the cabinet for any tripped overload devices, re-set them, un-lock and re-power, clear e-stop fault, and see if it works now. (Note that you will eventually need to discover why they tripped...) If not, you didn't find the right things. Doing this without a wiring diagram, manual, and appropriate experience can be futile and dangerous/life-threatening. Jus' sayin'.

Chip

Ok thanks for info, Im not that dangerous but ive learned to take it slow before messing with too much stuff.

Back