What's new
What's new

Dynapath50 or Heidenhain TNC 155 Control

DDMattox

Plastic
Im currently looking into to buying a cnc Kneemill and have the choice of 2 mills 1 with a Dynapath50 control and 1 with a Heidenhain TNC 155 Control. Does anyone have any comments or advice on either ?

Thanks,

I liked my Dynopath controls. VERY VERY user friendly! Especially for the first time CNC dude. However, I am not really sold on their durability. I think their newer units are likely much better tho.

I know less than nothing aboot the other.

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Dynapaths are ok but are basically out of business. There are a couple of places floating around for support but some of the boards are rare and pricey. The TNC155 is almost bulletproof and you can still send the control, all two boards of it, to Heidenhain in Chicago for flat rate service. The downside is the TNC is not as easy to use until you get used to the control format. Long range reliability is better than the Dynapath. This is based on observations of the last 18 years of cnc service. Good luck!

We have a Republic Lagun with a dynapath 50 control. Its a real piece of junk, buttons are constantly falling off and they refused to doing anything about it. For programming they are simple but lack alot of bells and whistles you would like to have once you get better with programming and opperation of the machine.

True, the company is still around but they made all of the old controls obsolete and don't support them. Julius Gertz, a long time Dynapath guy runs a place called Parts and Smarts. He's got parts and loads of helpful tech info. He's on the internet, look him up!

Doo you have Julius' number?

I have dealt with him in the past and as far as I know he is the man when it comes to Dynopath! My chumms that I sold my machine to have dealt with someone in the Detroit area working out of their garage (which is absolutely fine) that used to be with the company I think, but I don't believe that it was him. They were very much impressed with the service that they got! They are from the UP and found it much cheaper to pull the control off and take it to him.

Maybe there is two guys dooing that work eh?

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Back