What's new
What's new

EMCO cnc servo drives

Geoff

Plastic
I have a EMCO Tronic M1 F3 CNC mill which I desperatly need 2 Servo drive units. The original units were faulty and were sent away for repair and as the months have past the guy that sent them away has left or employ and no one knows where they were sent to. Does anybody out there know where I can get 2 of these units. I understand that the EMCO lathe uses the same unit. If anybody has one of these units whether it is faulty or not could you please let me know. I really want to get this machine working again.

I believe those are stepper boards. And, yes, they do interchange with the same part number in the lathes. Have you checked with your nearest Emco factory service center, maybe they have your boards? I don't know why someone would send these boards anywhere but to the factory center since they have a very nice exchange program for burnt out boards.

I'm told the factory no longer has new boards. I guess the machines outlasted their expectations. When new boards were available they were horrendously expensive. Last exchange I made it was around $500 over the counter as opposed to something like $2800 to buy outright.

Incidently, I'm familiar with several of these machines and everyone has burnt out the original axis drives. Once those were swapped for the revised version the machines run for years with no problems.

Thanks Doug for your reply. Unfortunately our Emco sevice centre closed down a few years ago, so we dont even have an agency here anymore. I am still wanting these boards , so if there is anybody out there thats has some old ones lying around I will be only to glad to purchase them from you. The other thing is that I am unable to go to a service centre for exchange boards as I dont have any to exchange. I need someone who is scrapping there machine or is retrofitting there machine with another controller and just wants to get rid of the controller or drive units.

Back