What's new
What's new

Emco Turn 325 w/ Fanuc 21TB and bar puller?

jj80909

Aluminum
I am hoping someone can help me with my Emco Turn 325 and getting it to allow using a bar puller. I am using the following macro in a G65 call:

%
O0001 (BAR PULLER MACRO)
(G65 CALL WITH #1 = BAR GRAB and #2 = BAR PULL)

M5 (STOP SPINDLE)
G94 F20. (FPM MODE - EMCO)

G0
G28 U0. W0. (GO TO TOOL CHANGE POSITION)
T0808 (SELECT BAR PULLER)

G0 X0.
G0 Z0.010 (MOVE TO BAR)

G1 Z#1 F9. (SLOW FEED PULLER OVER BAR)
M25 (UNCLAMP COLLET)
G4 X.5 (PAUSE .5 SECOND)

G1 Z#2 F20. (PULL OUT BAR)
M26 (CLAMP COLLET)
G4 X.5 (PAUSE .5 SECOND)

G1 Z0.010
G0 Z2.
G28 U0. W0. (MOVE TO TOOL CHANGE POSITION)
G95 (RESET TO IPR - EMCO)
M99
M30
%

The control stops at the M25 command and times out with a 1023 auxiliary function alarm. I've checked and Emco does not provide an M31 (interlock bypass for chuck).

I am thinking it is probably something simple, but I'm stumped. Any help is appreciated.

On our Nakamuras (Fanuc 18i) there are 'maintenance' settings that control some of this stuff, like "Chuck Interlock Valid/Invalid" and "Memory Restart Effective/Not Effective". Look for a Maintenance Manual (ours was green) for your machine and check in the appendix.

I am hoping someone can help me with my Emco Turn 325 and getting it to allow using a bar puller. I am using the following macro in a G65 call:

%
O0001 (BAR PULLER MACRO)
(G65 CALL WITH #1 = BAR GRAB and #2 = BAR PULL)

M5 (STOP SPINDLE)
G94 F20. (FPM MODE - EMCO)

G0
G28 U0. W0. (GO TO TOOL CHANGE POSITION)
T0808 (SELECT BAR PULLER)

G0 X0.
G0 Z0.010 (MOVE TO BAR)

G1 Z#1 F9. (SLOW FEED PULLER OVER BAR)
M25 (UNCLAMP COLLET)
G4 X.5 (PAUSE .5 SECOND)

G1 Z#2 F20. (PULL OUT BAR)
M26 (CLAMP COLLET)
G4 X.5 (PAUSE .5 SECOND)

G1 Z0.010
G0 Z2.
G28 U0. W0. (MOVE TO TOOL CHANGE POSITION)
G95 (RESET TO IPR - EMCO)
M99
M30
%

The control stops at the M25 command and times out with a 1023 auxiliary function alarm. I've checked and Emco does not provide an M31 (interlock bypass for chuck).

I am thinking it is probably something simple, but I'm stumped. Any help is appreciated.

We have an Emcoturn 342 and I had this same issue when one of the proximity sensors on the draw tube actuator was out of place. On our machine there were two sensors. One should light up when the chuck is open, the other when it is closed.

Red Beard is right on...

Back side of actuator, small slide plates with proximity sensors...adjust both for open and closed positions.

Verify you can open and close chuck collet with the M25/M26.

Verify your drawtube direction is correct...I used to have to change a Parameter for ID or OD work.

Last...my spindle although stopped was not always considered stopped by the machine. I think it was a drift setting that needed to be tweaked once in awhile...I could tell as the machine had a relay or something that kicked in before it would register the M5

Thanks so much Red Beard and SIM. It was the proximity sensor just slightly out of adjustment!!! Works great now...Thanks!!!

Back