What's new
What's new

Emcoturn 120 - reference position

JKL79

Plastic
Hello guys!

I'm new to this forum and have finally decided to register. I recently acquired an Emco Emcoturn 120 from approx. 1993. I own a Emco VMC100 since earlier, and both of these Machines has TM02-controllers. Now, the lathe came with some accessories, cassettes with MSD-data and operation- and programming manuals and so on. So far I've hooked up the machine, loaded the MSD-data(memory was empty), and tried the different functions. All seems to work, but when I manually jog the machine to the cross, and place the machine at the positions indicated in the first image, and then push the reference button followed by cycle start, it moves but not to the middle of the Arrows, but rather slightly off.. Is this normal? Also, are the reference coordinates (Picture 3)in accordance with what they should be on this type of machine?

I know there is much knowledge in this forum, and I hope some of you can give me some answers. :)

//Johan, Sweden

Attachments

• 20140511_154818.jpg
    20140511_154818.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 354
  • 20140511_154838.jpg
    20140511_154838.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 336
  • 20140511_154906.jpg
    20140511_154906.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 293
Thats seem just right, the arrows are not more precise than you adjustment them. There is a "reference" every 5mm, which is very precise. So the margin for the arrows is more or less 5mm.
I don't remember the correct homing position but everything seems fine.

/Staffan, also Sweden...

Thats seem just right, the arrows are not more precise than you adjustment them. There is a "reference" every 5mm, which is very precise. So the margin for the arrows is more or less 5mm.
I don't remember the correct homing position but everything seems fine.

/Staffan, also Sweden...

Hello Staffan!

Thanks for your swift reply. :) Do you still own that 120p that is mentioned in some of your posts at this forum? I also have issues With the serial transfer from pc to machine. I haven't tried the emcoturn yet, but I've tried the VMC100 a couple of times(also With TM02 Controller) and all I seem to be able to do is transfer programs from machine to pc. Do you have any suggestions? I recall a post where you mention that you had success with transfers after some troubleshooting..?

Thanks again for the info regarding the reference position. :)

//Johan

If you can transfer out of the controller everything is correctly set up and functioning properly. The controller is very picky with exactly how the file looks. Read the file transfer tread carefully and try to transfer back the same file you transferred out of the controller as the first step. The exact right sequence of buttons has to be pressed on the controller and the file name (number) has to be the same as you specify on the controller.
I still have a 120p with TM02 controller so if this does not solve the issue I can give a step by step instruction.

/Staffan

If you can transfer out of the controller everything is correctly set up and functioning properly. The controller is very picky with exactly how the file looks. Read the file transfer tread carefully and try to transfer back the same file you transferred out of the controller as the first step. The exact right sequence of buttons has to be pressed on the controller and the file name (number) has to be the same as you specify on the controller.
I still have a 120p with TM02 controller so if this does not solve the issue I can give a step by step instruction.

/Staffan

I'll have a look when I get to the machine next time. I might PM you next time. A bit stupid for two swedes to talk english with each other. :)

//Johan

Back