What's new
What's new

Emcoturn 320 Fanuc O-T tool zero help

Klok

Plastic
New machine for us, learning a lot already on how to use this model, but we're having trouble programming the machine. The "position record" button might not be working at least there's no visible response on the screen. Bottom line, we need to zero our tool turret, and tools to a work piece. Any old timers who are familiar with this that might be able to walk me threw it?

Zero return the machine. Make sure your U&W relative position are zero by pushing the axis name U or W then origin soft key.

With a facing tool face off a piece and record the W position in the Z geometry offset page for that tool number. Touch all tools to this surface and record the W value in the respective place in the Z geometry offset table data page.

With a turning tool turn and measures a diameter. Add the diameter to the U relative position and record it in respective spot in X on the geometry offset page. Do the same for all OD tools by touching this known diameter. ID tools do the same way but obviously you'll need a hole first.

Center line tools such as drills you'll need to sweep the ID of the holder once you have it zero record the U relative position in the respective place in X on the geometry offset page.

Once you have that you move or shift the turret for part Zreo with the work shift offset kinda like a G54.

Oh yeah one more thing. After step 1 in MDI call a G0T0 to clear any active tool offsets if there are any. Then rotate the turret with the jog button until finished setting the tools.

Hope that made sense?

Brent

Thanks, I figured it out before I saw your response, turns out your right. I just had to approach it differently thank you. now I have questions about hooking up the pc to the machine to send code. any ideas?

Sorry not really but typically done via RS232. This really isn't my thing.

Search the site this has been gone over more times than you can shake a stick at.

Brent

Back