What's new
What's new

enabling drip feed in Hitachi Seiki mill

Ukraine Train

Cast Iron
I have a '93 Hitachi Seiki VK55 with Seicos III controller. The manual says DNC is an option and when I try to enable it in the settings screen, it says option not available. Is there anything I can do to make it work? Change some parameters maybe? I have a 3000 line program and am having to split it into three different programs because it won't fit in the internal memory.

Per the manual, in the SET menu, I go down to the ETC. page and try to change "Selection of DNC run mode" from invalid to valid.
2015-07-24 11.56.03.jpg 2015-07-24 11.56.38.jpg

The manual says DNC is an option and when I try to enable it in the settings screen, it says option not available. Is there anything I can do to make it work? Change some parameters maybe?

Yeah that'd be my guess, probably one of the 9000's option parameters needs turned on. If I had the information I'd tell you. Have you thought about getting a USB hooked up and running from that? If its possible? Might be another option?

Brent

I will research the USB thing. Not familiar enough with this stuff yet. A year ago I barely knew what G code was lol.

I have a '93 Hitachi Seiki VK55 with Seicos III controller. The manual says DNC is an option and when I try to enable it in the settings screen, it says option not available. Is there anything I can do to make it work? Change some parameters maybe? I have a 3000 line program and am having to split it into three different programs because it won't fit in the internal memory.

Is it a Seicos III for sure? There is a way to expand the memory on a Seicos III without any hardware. Let me know and I can tell you how!

Is it a Seicos III for sure? There is a way to expand the memory on a Seicos III without any hardware. Let me know and I can tell you how!

What happened to this ^^^ fella? Sounds like he's the man with the plan. Top secret information not in the manual?

Brent

Hello

send me a PM and we will get this going; not sure why I dropped off the thread. Ill wait to hear from you

John

Dnc

:Yawn:

Here it is the way to turn on the DNC optin for SeicosIII
First you have to download machine parameters to a PC. Using the editor you use, change parameter 9016-bit0=1 and 0002-bit7=1. Upload the parameters with this changes back to the control, and you will have the DNC option. Go to MEMORY mode and depress cycle start, now send the program and the machine will run in DNC mode.
You wont be able to change parameters "9000" directly in the control, that is why you have to do it in a PC using whatever editor you use. (I use Cimco)
Hope this helps.

:Yawn:

Here it is the way to turn on the DNC optin for SeicosIII
First you have to download machine parameters to a PC. Using the editor you use, change parameter 9016-bit0=1 and 0002-bit7=1. Upload the parameters with this changes back to the control, and you will have the DNC option. Go to MEMORY mode and depress cycle start, now send the program and the machine will run in DNC mode.
You wont be able to change parameters "9000" directly in the control, that is why you have to do it in a PC using whatever editor you use. (I use Cimco)
Hope this helps.

Hi, do you have info how to enable the DNC on VS50 with seicos 18m?

Back