What's new
What's new

equivalent of HAAS mini mill 2

pnub93

Plastic
Hi guys.

I want to buy first cnc mill to my workshop this year and ideal candidate seems like HAAS mini mill2.
I just want to ask if anyone know the manufacturer which is doing similar machines for similar price.
508x406x356 travels
200mm aditional 4&5th axis rotary table
227 kg load on table.
55 000 euro price +-

I don't know many manufacturers of this small machinery so i want you guys ask for help if you know about similar machine for similar money give me a tip.

I will be buying machine in europe and i would like to stay away from personal cnc machines.

Thanks for any help.

In 40 taper, I only can think of Hurco VM5.

For 30 taper, Fanuc Robodrill or Brother Speedio.

Dmg Mori Mill Tap 700. I see a few used ones around $60k USD every once and awhile. They have a Siemens 840d sl control which is very popular in Europe.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

have a look at XYZ machine tools and Dugard, having used a Siemens shop mill control you wont want to touch a haas again!

I want to buy first cnc mill to my workshop this year and ideal candidate seems like HAAS mini mill2.
I just want to ask if anyone know the manufacturer which is doing similar machines for similar price.

What is the exact kind of work you'll be doing with it?

If you're looking for a CNC mill capability for general-purpose workshop stuff? The Mini is probably good. If it's a prototype situation where you want to rapidly iterate on stuff that you'll farm out to someone else for production? It'll work fine.

If this is going to be paying for itself with any sort of serial production work though, the Mini's very slow speeds all around will be a hinderance to profitability. If it's internal production, there are scenarios where the Mini can do the job, but the band of variables that it's workable for are very narrow and even modest growth will turn the Mini into more of a liability than an asset. There are better machines suited for production and the price premium for them becomes worth every penny (i.e. Speedio or Robodrill).

Guys thanks for help i did not even know there are machines like speedio :o
I have experience only on big machines (12ft table mill and vertical lathes)
anyway i have to make some research how much it will be tu buy one of them witch 5axis upgrade.

to gkoenig
I will do small batch of work from alloys for automotive and some prototype work for near by armory.
Everything will be mainly up to 150 pcs lets and i agree with you now when i compared mini mill with others it looks little bit slow.

Everything will be mainly up to 150 pcs lets and i agree with you now when i compared mini mill with others it looks little bit slow.

2 Minis will outperform 1 Speedio, for about the same cost.

Speedios and Robodrills, shine in high production applications because their exceptional reliability.

Back