What's new
What's new

EZTrak SX video issues

rafebeck

Plastic
My EZTrak sx mill started with this problem yesterday. The monitor will hold on to previous screen displays and stack all the new screens on top of the old images. I've reseated all the cards after cleaning the contacts including the RAM. Restarted the machine several times. The display is fine in DOS mode. Has anyone had this issue?

20180515_125911 - Edited.jpg

Have you tried hooking up an external monitor directly to the video card?

Is this the original motherboard? If so, you will probably need a new SBC, hard drive, software, etc.

Jon
H&W Machine Repair

I connected a monitor and had the same video display on it as well. I'm still on the same original MB. The power supply tests good, but the fan had seized. The IT guy is getting a new PS for me along with a keyboard adapter. Once I'll be able to make use of a real keyboard, I'm going to run the much needed SCANDISC and DEFRAG which I'm sure has never been done. I cannot determine what space is on the HD, but since I cannot save any .PGM file (the machine immediately alerts me that it cannot find or load the program I had just keyed, it defaults me back to 0.PGM), I'm now thinking there's no headroom on the disc for any data. When I enter UTILITIES and attempt to view any files on either the HD or A:, I get a "Wait" message ...forever. I'll let everyone know of my progress and solution since these forums are supposed to be a reference for others in my situation, right? LOL. Thank you for your reply!

By the way, I have the updated 3.(something) floppy handy so I can reload the video card drivers if needed.

I mean your computer is probably ancient as all getout. Being its an SX, the "hard drive" is a disk on chip and you have to always have the floppy in to boot up.

Might try getting a hard drive to put on it so that it will act as a DX and boot from the hard drive.

When you say your power supply "tests good" what exact voltages are you getting on 5VDC and 12VDC? Those signals, if out of tolerance, can cause some weird stuff to happen.

Jon
H&W Machine Repair

Back