What's new
What's new

Fadal 4020 64MP Controller file problem!

MiataCory

Plastic
Hey all, any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

So we use FileZilla to FTP our files onto our Fadal 4020B2 w/ MP64 controller over the network. Everything works pretty great, except for this one stupid file. You see, this file has a space in the filename. So, although it sent over and copied onto the Controller just fine, the controller can't actually see it (because it doesn't support spaces).

So it's on there, in the directory. I can see it with my Filezilla program. But I can't delete it or get rid of it at all!

Any idea how I could get in there? I'm almost tempted to try a bootable linux USB drive, since there's no way I can find to look through directories outside of the Fadal software.

Well, to be quite honest I'm not the one who runs it. My boss is the mill guy, I'm the Lathe guy. But I'm also the IT department so that's how this problem got kicked to me.

From what I've seen? It's fancy, but there's almost no practical difference between it and our 3 old fadals. Their user interface is very much old-school FADAL with a fancy colored keypad. Lipstick on a pig as far as the OS is concerned, especially when comparing it to our HAAS or my Okuma.

The toolchanger is quick, and we haven't had *many* problems with it once it got setup. Their documentation is atrocious when you're trying to sort though problems. We've also got the high-pressure coolant and never use it because it's loud as balls.

Inside the enclosure is nice because of the LED lighting. The vertical strips really help to elminate all the shadows and dark areas like you get with the old style bulbs in a corner. The side-windows being clear is nice when the bosses are walking around.

SO if you're happy with your old 4020's, and just want the exact same machine but with LED's and essentially the same 1990's controller, look no further than the *new* Fadal.

Seriously they need to fire their controller department and move into this millennia. I get that backwards compatibility is nice, but you can do that without looking like you programmed it all in COBOL.

Well, to be quite honest I'm not the one who runs it. My boss is the mill guy, I'm the Lathe guy. But I'm also the IT department so that's how this problem got kicked to me.

From what I've seen? It's fancy, but there's almost no practical difference between it and our 3 old fadals. Their user interface is very much old-school FADAL with a fancy colored keypad. Lipstick on a pig as far as the OS is concerned, especially when comparing it to our HAAS or my Okuma.

The toolchanger is quick, and we haven't had *many* problems with it once it got setup. Their documentation is atrocious when you're trying to sort though problems. We've also got the high-pressure coolant and never use it because it's loud as balls.

Inside the enclosure is nice because of the LED lighting. The vertical strips really help to elminate all the shadows and dark areas like you get with the old style bulbs in a corner. The side-windows being clear is nice when the bosses are walking around.

SO if you're happy with your old 4020's, and just want the exact same machine but with LED's and essentially the same 1990's controller, look no further than the *new* Fadal.

Seriously they need to fire their controller department and move into this millennia. I get that backwards compatibility is nice, but you can do that without looking like you programmed it all in COBOL.
MMM yeah pretty graphics do sell machines

Back