What's new
What's new

Fadal Question

Kevinstj

Cast Iron
I was wondering how I go about starting in the middle of a program or cycle. Is there a way to do this without running the program through the whole cycle. For instance if I wanted to go back to a specific hole and mill it again to make a size adjustment and not have to do the holes before it in the cycle. I hope this clarifies things. I have a VMC 15XT and run format 2.
Thanks

Be careful how you do that you must have proper tool in spindle and make sure you use modal option to pick up tool heights and sizes from beginning of program. It works but be careful. It’s like driving on ice it works but you must be ready at all times

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Do some test runs first.. 99.9% of the time I start at the tool change and there is
never a problem.. Only a few times I've tried starting in the middle, and there is
something tricky about which line you start on, and the moves it will make
before it will start running again.... Play with it to see how it goes before
you are near a part or a vise...

How do you do a middle of program start?? Second space bar menu, up,down,search whatever
to get the cursor on the line you want, and then hit AUTO and follow the directions.

AU,line # also works from ENTER NEXT COMMAND line.

I have a sub program for start of program, end of program and tool change. I start on the sub and have never had a problem. That said, you then have to run all the ops for that tool.

Do some test runs first.. 99.9% of the time I start at the tool change and there is
never a problem.. Only a few times I've tried starting in the middle, and there is
something tricky about which line you start on, and the moves it will make
before it will start running again.... Play with it to see how it goes before
you are near a part or a vise...

How do you do a middle of program start?? Second space bar menu, up,down,search whatever
to get the cursor on the line you want, and then hit AUTO and follow the directions.

AU,line # also works from ENTER NEXT COMMAND line.

I forget the exact nuance, but there's something to selecting either the line before the one you want to execute, or the line after.. As the behavior is not necessarily what you'd expect.

I would make sure you have a good "Saftey Start Block" before every op with a G43 and H & D after every tool change. Depending on your Fadals' memory capacity, this could be an issue.

Well/or press auto and select from the menu. You can start from cursor if your at your work home uncluding all modal values. Most cncs will do this

The 15XT I worked on was very good at reading through the program from the start to get all the offsets right when starting at the cursor line.

Something to watch out for, at least on the one I ran, was when stopping during the program, jogging to see the part better, then pressing the "return" key so the axis would return to where they were when I paused the program, the Feed Hold did not work when the axis would return, in rapid. Very dangerous when the 4th was on the table.

Back