What's new
What's new

Fadal Remanufactured 40/20

KKM

Plastic
Are the reman 40/20 fadals worth $45000. Are they just a clean used machine or are they as good as new? Is a two old machine a better buy?
Kevin

To say you could have got 3 Haas machines for that is a meaningless statement without many more details...model, year, options, condition, situation, etc. I've seen Haas VF3's just a few year old go for $15,000...but that was because they were used to mill ceramics at top rpm, such that the spindles were questionable and they were a mess inside the guards. Then have seen same year Haas VF3's in pristine condition with 4th axis sell for only $10,000 less than full retail for a brand new one at auction too. And then there's the issue of just because X goes for Y at auction doesn't mean someone else can get X for Y plus $200....often the person who got X for Y will go to Z and beyond
eek.gif

[This message has been edited by D. Thomas (edited 02-02-2003).]

After spending a lot of time looking at reman and repo Fadals I just could not do it.
I could have bought a lot of machines for 35K to 40K but when I can buy a new 4020 box way Fadal for 60K it just made all the other machines look to be to much money for what they are. Next week my new machine will be here complete with 4th axis and tool probe. Total cost is $69950. There were a lot of repo machines out there but the banks were upside down on them.

My boss purchaced a reman 4020 for me to run; in 2 years of heavy use, only had the drawbar beefed-up under warranty.

A year later he bought a reman 3060, and I will trust it only as far as I can throw it!
A mecanically sound machine, accurate as hell within .0002, but we have had a host of electronic problems with it. One re-occuring situation is a memory corruption. Have gone through 2 sets of CPU and Expanded Memory boards, and three memory boards.

So, to answer your question, do you feel lucky?

Charlie

Back