What's new
What's new

FADAL Service Needed Northeast Ohio

Euclid Ohio

Its a Fadal 88 Model 906-1 4020

Machine will not feed. Machine will not jog using the job knob, but will jog if you hold the jog button.

Additionally, the spindle is screetching when running.

Machine did some erratic unexplainable moves before we arrived at our current situation.

Thanks!

Try calling all the Fadal parts places.. ITS mainly knows the electrical side (which it sounds like
thats your problem), Fadal CNC has, or used to have a few people that know their stuff... Also
look for the "NEW" Fadal dealers.. I know the guy that has New Mexico, Arizona, Colorado is a Fadal
Tech, and he is an absolute Fadal Guru, and very patient, he's helped me a few times so I try to buy
my parts through him so he gets something out of it.

You may very well get a tech on the line that will have seen that problem before and tell you exactly
what it is, and then have the part in the mail by the end of the day..

Additionally, the spindle is screetching when running.

Could be belts, sometimes mine will make some schreeching noises, I put in hearing protection. I’m changing belts in a few days, It should make the noises go away.

Machine did some erratic unexplainable moves before we arrived at our current situation.Thanks!

If it’s a DC servo machine it could be dirty Tachometer commutators. That’s happened to me, you try and jog .010” and it will rapid maybe ½”. Pull the srvos and clean the commutators, be carefull with the airgun, a vacuum may be better getting the carbon dust out. New brushes are relatively cheap. Don't seperate the tachometer to clean, otherwise you'll lose magnetism in the fixed magnets. (as I think BobW will testify too)

I had the bearings in the resolvers fall apart, it effected finish (badly) but didn’t lead to any unexplainable moves

Just to follow up...

Dave @ DG Machinery and parts was able to resolve our issues. His website is Exceeding Your Expectations if someone reading this in NE Ohio needs assistance.

Dave was very helpful and found the issue quickly...Very knowledgeable on the FADALs and services other brands as well.

It was a failed Manual Pulse Generator. Two screws holding the magnet backed out and shorted the circuit board. He had a used one and while we were at it, we replaced the broken X axis servo conduit/wire harness as it was cracked and all the wires were very stiff.

Runs great again. Thanks everyone!

Back