What's new
What's new

Fanuc 0i Mate-MB Parameter Backup

rbcmetalwork

Aluminum
I have a Sharp SV2412 with a Fanuc 0i Mate MB control.

I'm planning on changing the 3V battery on the control unit soon. Before I do that I'd like to backup the parameters and anything else that might get lost. What else do I need to backup? What is the procedure for backing up the machine parameters? I have established serial RS232 communications with a PC if that will help.

Thanks

What else do I need to backup?
The programs. Not the ones that you use to make parts, but the ones that are often hidden away with program numbers in the 8,000’s & 9,000’s.

You may never see them, but they are often used with Macros, and machine related programs to do with tool change etc.

Common problem, is there is a parameter that protects them, if that’s set to protect, when you back up your programs, it wont spit them out.

The parameter that protects the 8000 group programs is 3202 bit 0. Named NE8

The parameter that protects the 9000 group programs is 3202 bit 4. Named NE9

Both of those should be set to “0’ – Not inhibited, to output all programs.

The other thing to watch is that you get out all of the parameters. There’s a difference in the procedure when out putting the parameters so that it spits out the option parameters, or any thing in the 9000 parameter range.

Its said that the newer 0i’s don’t lose the options. I’d still like to have them backed up. A lot will depend on the age of your control.

Do you have a low battery alarm yet? If not I’d wait a day or two. One of the guys here has a detailed word document, on how to do that back up.

Regards Phil.

I recently purchased this machine used. It was new in 2004. I didn't receive the low battery alarm yet. I'm just trying to stay ahead of the game.

Thanks,
Randy

Randy

Are you up with reading your private messages yet? I sent you one. I need a valid email address. I can send you a pdf, that explains in / out putting parameters.

2004 control. That’s of the version where you can lose all your parameters. How much documentation came with the machine? If you’re in luck, there should be a back up with the machine. Printed Paper or a disc. The important ones are up in the 9900 + range.

You're aware that when you change that battery, to leave the power on. E stop maybe, but have the control running. I’m not up with Sharps, not many of them down here. Does your machine have absolute encoders. I.e. Doe’s it need reference returning each morning. If you don’t have to home it, you would also have batteries on the drives for encoder position memory.

Cheers Phil.

Reviving an old thread here. I have the same machine, with the same controller, and am looking to download a copy of the parameters from the machine. Any help with the procedure would be appreciated.

Me too

Machtool , can you share me that procedure ?

Thanks !!

Randy

Are you up with reading your private messages yet? I sent you one. I need a valid email address. I can send you a pdf, that explains in / out putting parameters.

2004 control. That’s of the version where you can lose all your parameters. How much documentation came with the machine? If you’re in luck, there should be a back up with the machine. Printed Paper or a disc. The important ones are up in the 9900 + range.

You're aware that when you change that battery, to leave the power on. E stop maybe, but have the control running. I’m not up with Sharps, not many of them down here. Does your machine have absolute encoders. I.e. Doe’s it need reference returning each morning. If you don’t have to home it, you would also have batteries on the drives for encoder position memory.

Cheers Phil.

Necro post, but I'm at this point now. I've got the same machine, same controller, and I'm looking to make sure I've got a backup of everything. I've got a floppy disc with the machine but the last time I had a floppy drive on a computer was back when you needed them to load RAID drivers when installing Windows XP LOL. Anyone have a step-by-step so I can make sure I've got everything?

I'm also looking to do the same, with almost the same machine. Mine is a 2006, 0i-MC control. I've already got out the 9001 and 9020 programs, only ones visible, but not accessible, without unlocking the NE9 parameter.

Back