What's new
What's new

Fanuc 0i MD position display

bspear

Plastic
Fanuc 0i MD on Hardinge GX600 VMC - no manual

OK, still getting to know this controller.

Run a code using my G56 workshift and G43 H1, run finishes, go to handwheel to move the axis and make some program tweaks, the display is not showing the G56/H1 position? Is this normal? do I really have to MDI>G56/H43 to make my tweaks? and what is it actually showing, doesn't seem to be the home position either? hope I'm missing something obvious here,

Cheers

Fanuc 0i MD on Hardinge GX600 VMC - no manual

OK, still getting to know this controller.

Run a code using my G56 workshift and G43 H1, run finishes, go to handwheel to move the axis and make some program tweaks, the display is not showing the G56/H1 position? Is this normal? do I really have to MDI>G56/H43 to make my tweaks? and what is it actually showing, doesn't seem to be the home position either? hope I'm missing something obvious here,

Cheers
I don't have an Oi-m, but usually G54 is default work coordinate. Depending on parameter settings, yes, G56 will clear to G54 after program runs or reset happens. The tool offset will also clear out.

Best bet is to run program up to G43 line, put machine into Mpg mode and do what you need (without hitting reset, which will clear active work and tool offsets).

Hope this helps.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Back