What's new
What's new

Fanuc 0t mdi problem

rifle guy

Aluminum
Machine: 92' Okuma Howa act 3
Control: Fanuc 0t (b/c not sure how to tell?)

Background:

Just purchased and installed this new to me lathe. I am very new to fanuc contols and their navigation but have run mazak, Haas and some miltronics controls in the past. From what I can tell all is well, machine homes and runs fine. I can write and edit programs. All key pad buttons and soft keys seem to work. So far I've searched and found answers to most of my problems here and on the web in general but two things still aren't making sense.

1st Problem:

I home the machine, all power indicator lights are lit. Switch to MDI with the panel switch and page to "MDI". I then am given a screen with " program MDI" in the upper left and the current program number upper right. A cursor is flashing under "program MDI". At the bottom of the screen I'm prompted to enter an address. I type a letter and receive a prompt for a number. I then enter a number ex: M03 the cursor now remains under the 3 and no combinations of keys I've found will get this string up to the top or in a place where cycle start will cause it to be read. Ex: "M03 ; (press input) ". I've tried m08, X1. , and a host of others with and without EOB. The eob writes the code in edit mode but does absolutely nothing here.

Any ideas? I've talked to local techs and had a lengthy phone diagnosis session with fanuc support. No solutions so far. What am I missing?

2nd problem.

I go to my offsets page and have soft key options for wear, geometry and w.shift. I can toggle between wear and geometry edit and store values just fine but I can't get the workshift screen to come up. I can shift my offset with g50 just fine but a page to view and change it would certainly be nice. Is this an option I don't have? If so why do I have the menu option?

Both of these problems are really just annoyances as I can still run parts but somthing isnt right or im not doing something right. Chances are its the latter. Any help I can get with this will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Sawyer

Hi mate, I'm new to this but I've spent the last week learning the Fanuc 0m on a mori mv40b. I'm not sure how different they are but this is how my controller works.

To get the spindle to turn, in MDI mode type S1000 then press EOB then press INSERT not INPUT, then M03 press EOB then INSERT, then OUTPUT, this should get the spindle turning at 1000rpm.

On the offsets there should be a soft key with WORK and that should bring up your WORK co-ordinates, G54 etc. make sure the edit lock is off.

On my 0T-C to MDI stuff: MDI button, Program button, enter value M03, press input button, enter value S1000, press output or cycle start button.

Press Menu/Ofset button until Work shift page is displayed or select Work softkey as mentioned above.

Tried both of those suggestions already. I believe I am entering the proper key sequence in MDI.

Alphonso, when on the program page of MDI I get my current memory program displayed and no cursor or way to enter a value. I only get the cursor when on the MDI screen of MDI.

As to the offset page it shows in the lower menu but neither the soft key nor the page buttons get me to the page.

I have verified the mode selector and edit protect switches work by confirming the diagnostic bits change properly according to fanuc support. What else could it be?
Could I have board or parameter problems?

Tried both of those suggestions already. I believe I am entering the proper key sequence in MDI.

Alphonso, when on the program page of MDI I get my current memory program displayed and no cursor or way to enter a value. I only get the cursor when on the MDI screen of MDI.

As to the offset page it shows in the lower menu but neither the soft key nor the page buttons get me to the page.

I have verified the mode selector and edit protect switches work by confirming the diagnostic bits change properly according to fanuc support. What else could it be?
Could I have board or parameter problems?

Does the soft key work? can you check with another screen that uses that button?

One other thing, do you see the S value change after pressing output-cycle start?

If you press CURRENT softkey on MDI it should list what the S value is.

Perhaps there is a stuck key (button) somewhere.

Soft key works on other pages, S or any other value ive tried never gets to the current page unless done through a real program. Thanks for the suggestions. It is a fresh install so anything like a bad key, switch, sensor is very possible after being loaded unloaded and skated across the shop.

As for those parameters im not sure if you,re wanting the parameters or diagnostics so here are both. i dont have a parameter manual or list for the machine yet so please do tell what these parameters are/ what value you are looking for in them?

Parameter page,
0048: 10000000
0078: 00000000
0079: 00000000

diagnostics page,
0048: 01000001
0078: 00000000
0079: 00000000

0048.7 1=Soft key displayed regardless of equipping options
0=only equipping options soft keys displayed

Might want to change 48.7 to 0.

0078 and 0079 relate to allowing geometry, wear, macro variables, zero offset, dry run, etc. to be changed in MDI. These settings are all good.

Back