What's new
What's new

Fanuc 10M~how to write enable parameters?

Xjenderfloip

Stainless
On the 18i/and21i i simple go to system menu and change 0 to1 in mdi to write enable the parameters.
On the 10M i cant find that option in the system menu ?
What am i missing here.

MDI mode SETTING, set PWE bit 0 of P8000 to 1. SERVICE, PARAM. Then INP-NO to select parameter to change.
Minder.

Unfortunatly, i do as above, mdi P 8000.0->1 -> says write protected!! ..doh
I looked inside the cabinet but no obvious switches or keys there (maybe between some boards?)

btw machine is mori seiki VM40

Thats strange, this is the way the book says and has always worked for me.
I assume you had the MEM key off?
There is up to four lock out inputs on the 10 and most OEM gang them up on one switch rather than bother with individual ones.
They are at the diagnostic BMI - DI at 0005 bits 4~7 they should all be off.
Minder.

I looked inside the cabinet but no obvious switches or keys there
Like Minder. I don’t recall toggle switches on a 10 series. I think that stopped at series 6. Apart from being in MDI and the edit protect key that Minder mentioned. As a long shot you could also try it with the E.Stop in. I have a distant dark memory of needing to do that on some controls.

Regards Phil.

In e-stop In MDI go to the parameter screen and change the least significant (PWE) bit of 8000 to 1, this allows you to change the parameters,
Remember to change it back when done, some require power down and back up afterwards.

I don't think on the 10M that you have to be in E-stop mode. I never had to on any of my 10 series controls. However you have to change your PWE bit under the "settings" softkey not the "service" softkey. Then you want to go under your "service" softkey and make the changes that you want. Also check to see if you have a lock key on the front of your machine.

Stevo

You need to be in e-stop on the 10T on my Tsugami.I had to reload everything into it when I bought it and got the procedure from an ex Fanuc tech.

I suppose it probably depends on how it was set up. Not sure why maybe the way the MTB did it but I have done it on a 10T and 10M with NO estop required. I have never come across a Fanuc control other than the Oseries that needed the E-stop on in order to change parameters. I guess I have just been lucky.

With the problem at hand my money is on that Xjenderfloip is trying to change this in the "service" area and not the "settings" area as I stated above. This will give you the write protect message. I know for a fact you can't change PWE in the service area.

Stevo

Thats how I showed it in post #3.
Also it would pay to check the KEY inputs in the Diag page just to be sure.
Minder.

Thats how I showed it in post #3.

Minder,
I apologize you are correct that you said it in post #3. I guess I overlooked it :(.

I remember eons ago when I first started looking at the parameter settings. It was confusing as heck :wall:. It took some time and a slap on the face to realize the difference between the “settings” and the “service”. I guess I just elaborated more in case he didn’t know the difference.

Stevo

Sorry for the late responce, i wasnt able to test it yet, but the settings and system softkey was the mistake i made.
It works now!

Thanks again guys.

I had a problem today with a 10M. Specific problem with PWE. I claim I'm so honest, I've forgotten how to get in.
Google pointed me here on the first hit. Apparently I was here in 2009
Minder / Stevo1/ McGrath (R.I.P) They sorted out my problem in an instant. I was pissing about in service rather than setting. Some of those blokes have passed, (Mark McGarth) yet this resource still maintains.

Disclaimer: 2009 old thread:

Regards Phil.

(On edit) Wonder what happened to that Xflop bloke?

Back