What's new
What's new

HELP! Positive Overtravel Limit Z - Locatelli Multimatik 1600

B7aylor

Plastic
Hello all,

Brand new to the forum, and in dire need of help. I manufacture baseball bats, and we recently took on a project to manufacture a piece of a bat barrel to send to another company for them to finish. I run a Locatelli Multimatik 1600 V.1 and use Goelan 4.6 software on it. It operates on an Osai computer unit.

I am having an issue when trying to do these barrels with my sanding belt. We typically run stock that is 33-36" long and the machine runs flawlessly. This particular project calls for stock to be 16-19" and it is having a fit. When it completes its final cut, the sanding belt moves into position but spins in place and does not progress down the barrel of the bat into the handle. The computer unit throws the error: Positive Overtravel Limit Z. Myself, nor our old bat designer have never seen this code, and the founder of our company who bought the machine said he never saw that code in the 13 years of us owning the machine.

Can anybody help out with some tips or tricks, or maybe some feedback of what I should look at in the design of the project itself to avoid this error code?

Thanks,
BT

Doubt anyone here has any experience on a wood bat making machine? This a g-code machine?

Strange all is good until you make shorter bats? Kinda seems like the sanding operation wants to do a longer bat but the controller knows it's a short bat causing the Z over travel alarm? Or vise versa?

See if the manual has a trouble shooting section? Call the people you bought it from tell them what going on maybe someone there can walk you through how to fix it? Maybe someone else will chime in?

Brent

...Can anybody help out with some tips or tricks, or maybe some feedback of what I should look at in the design of the project itself to avoid this error code?
The error code means that the machine is trying to position the slide beyond the travel limit of the axis, or it is reading ahead and it's about to.

So look at the programming of the sanding operation, and where goes next. Is there a Z axis command that is beyond the machine limits?

Do you have access to the program and the offset pages, or is it all conversational canned shit?

Back