What's new
What's new

Fanuc 10t

TimD

Hot Rolled
Thanks to some help from the people here I have my used but new to me lathe up and humming....

I've just discovered that the programing manual was not included with the documentation that came with the machine. I have about five years of running and programming 0t's but 10t is new to me.

First off does anyone know a good place to find a manual? I searched eBay but I wasn't able to find one. Second, and this is pretty basic, how do I change program numbers. I can create and delete programs but I can't seem to switch from one to another.

Thanks,
Tim

10T Fanuc programming.

Good luck with the 10T.
The canned cycles are of the 1 line version, noseradius comp is the same and most other things are the same except for the tool setting.
How do you do the tool setting?
It used to be that the first line was G50 X--- Z--- S2000 , that set the tool position and the limiting speed.
Finding a program that is in the memory is pretty much like the 0T, in Edit mode, type in the program number, lets say O2008 and touch cursor down.
The program should appear on the screen. Switch to Memory and start in Single Block, etc.
The best of luck:
Heinz.
http://home.columbus.rr.com/hputz

Thanks for the help.

I'm sure it's something simple but I just can't get it to change programs. I tried typing O0002 and then cursor down but no go. I can confirm in the library that the program is there. I even created to two blank programs and was unable to switch. I tried every iteration I could think of. I've tried it with the write protect key in both positions and still no go. Is it possible to protect the program so that an inexperienced operator can't change the program?

I'm sure it must be something simple that I'm missing....

Tim

Sorry missed your question about tool setting. I haven't even gotten that far yet. My experience with 0's comes from Tsugami swiss types so I'm sure there will be a learning curve. By the may this machine is a Tsugami Mecury NU4B, not a swiss type.

Tim

TimD

In either EDIT or MEM mode, press the right hand soft key under the display screen (CRT) until you get "FW_SRCH", press the "FW_SRCH" soft key and then "NXT_PRG". This will cycle through the programs in the memory if you keep doing it. If you want a specific program and you know the number, press "FW_SRCH" then "PROG#". At the prompt, enter just the numeric value of the program, do not start the entry with the letter "O" since the control has already entered the letter for you.

As far as tool offsets, I find that they are just the same as any other Fanuc I have operated. I save measured tool offsets into the tool offset tables and simply call "T0101" in the program for example if I want turret position 1 with tool 1 offsets called up. I would use "T0151" if I wanted turret position 1 with tool 51 offsets called up. The person that I purchased the machine from used the G50 xblah zblah method but I thought that was difficult from both a programming and operating point of view. All of my tool offsets are measured on X from the center of the bores on the turret (this way my G54 X work offset is always the same) and my Z tool offsets are measured in relationship to whatever tool I arbitrarely decide is my datum tool, which is almost always my OD and facing tool since it is used in almost every program. This tool has a Z length of zero in the offset tables and I simply face a piece of material to length and put this machine Z position into the G54 Z offset.

Enjoy the 10T, I do.

Glenn @ Metro North

Thanks Glenn,

I knew it had to be something simple. I saw the FWD_SRCH but just assumed that it was for searching the program although I assume that it will do that as well.

If anyone knows where to get a programming manual I would appreciate it.

Thanks,
Tim

If anyone knows where to get a programming manual I would appreciate it.

Thanks,
Tim

You might try GE Fanuc. There prices are usually better than Fanuc for the same manual.

I got a pretty complete set of manuals (12) from GE Fanuc for $50.00 each as opposed to $75.00 to $100 from Fanuc USA.

I ordered the manuals today from Fanuc America. GE Fanuc said they never used that control so they can't supply manuals.

Operators manual - includes programing
B-54874E $40

Maintenance manual
B54815E $50

In stock in Chicago. I don't think you could buy them that cheap on fleeBay. Thanks for the help.

Tim

Just as a correction for the achieve:

B-54874E is actually for an 11TT control not the 10T
The correct PN for the 10T operators manual is B-54814E at $42.40. The is also an operators appendix but I don't have that PN.

The parts guy messed up the PN the first time. They are making it right I should have the correct manual today.

Tim

So bottom line, how do you call up new programs from memory and run them ?

I've only read this one post....

Type O then the program number then the cursor down button makes that program current. Tpye just O then the cursor down will flip though them all.

Brent

Last edited:
Thanks to some help from the people here I have my used but new to me lathe up and humming....

I've just discovered that the programing manual was not included with the documentation that came with the machine. I have about five years of running and programming 0t's but 10t is new to me.

First off does anyone know a good place to find a manual? I searched eBay but I wasn't able to find one. Second, and this is pretty basic, how do I change program numbers. I can create and delete programs but I can't seem to switch from one to another.

Thanks,
Tim

Ebay for the Fanuc 10/11/12 Operators Manual. Also, PM me for the ones I used in training.

Back