What's new
What's new

Fanuc 10t Parameter backup

HelicalCut

Stainless
I just tried to backup the parameters on a lathe with Fanuc 10t controller, using hyperterminal and a cable with hardware flow control. Cable measures OK and it has the fanuc 6, 8, 20 pins joined and a loopback test on both the pc and end of the cable confirms the pc side of the comms works.

On the controller side I am not sure what I have, there is a db25 socket on the back of the MDI/CRT box which I am using. The settings/params/punch/all operates with no alarms but I get nothing on the pc terminal.

The parameters on the controller are:
5000 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
5001 RS232 DVC SLCT 7
5002 RS232 C2 5
5003 RS232 C3 5
5011 ASP33/43 0
5013 RS422 0

at 5110 - 5132 there are RS232 comms parameters for DVC 1,2 and 3
DVC1 type is 3 and the rest are type 2
stop bits 2, baud rate 10
I have the pc set for E,7,2 and 4800 baud

There is an option board in the controller A16B-1210-350 with no cables plugged in.

I may have the comms on the controller set up wrong does anybody know where the RS232 port is on this controller,what parameters it should have and how to direct the parameter dump to the appropriate port? I have searched for information on this but the set up's appear different to mine.

I just tried to backup the parameters on a lathe with Fanuc 10t controller, using hyperterminal and a cable with hardware flow control. Cable measures OK and it has the fanuc 6, 8, 20 pins joined and a loopback test on both the pc and end of the cable confirms the pc side of the comms works.

On the controller side I am not sure what I have, there is a db25 socket on the back of the MDI/CRT box which I am using.

You say that your cable is configured for hardware handshaking, but you make no mention of the RTS/CTS lines.

As you have the DTR, DCD and DSR pins bridged at the machine side, required if you're going to use Xon Xoff handshaking, I'll give you the settings for Software hand shaking, as if your cable is not already configured for this, its a quick mod to make it so. The DB25 connector you spoke of, if its female, is the correct interface.

Set the following parameters on the machine control.
Parameters
#0000 = 00001010
#0020 = 1
#0021 = 1
#0022 = 1
#0023 = 1
#5001 = 3
#5110 = 3
#5111 = 2
#5112 = Baud Rate (10 = 4800) Starting point

Machine Control Set Page Settings
I/O = 1
ISO Format = 1

Set the PC software to:
Handshaking = Xon Xoff
Data Bit = 7
Parity Bit = Even
Stop Bits = 2
Baud Rate = 4800

Cable Configuration
Machine End---------------------------PC End
DB25 Male-----------------DB25 Female--------DB9 Female
2-----------------------------3--------------------2
3-----------------------------2--------------------3
| bridged

|
8 all bridged
|

7----------------------------7--------------------5

Once the above is checked and set, communication between the Control and your PC will be possible provided there are no faults with the control or PC.

To send the parameters to your PC proceed as follows:
1. Connect your PC to the Machine via the above configured cable.
2. Put the system into EDIT mode
3. Press the 'SERVICE' software key and then the 'PARAM' software key to select the parameter screen
4. Press 'PUNCH' software key followed by the 'ALL' software key and all of the parameters will be output.

Regards,

Bill

FYI if you are doing a full backup of the machine you need to write down your PMC data. This cannot be punched out of the control on this series control. I have attached a data sheet that helps keep this info organized and to make sure that you did not miss something.

On this series control IIRC you should have 2 ports 1 will be an RS232 and the other will be on the main board as a 20pin Honda connector. You cannot locate the RS232 port?? It should be mounted either on the control or in the power cabinet.

Stevo

Attachments

• PMC data blank form.zip
    25.7 KB · Views: 568
My cable had RTS CTS but I made up another one like in the example. The control has a female DB25 Connector on the back so I used this. My paramters were different from the example given so I changed the parameters to match the example.

When I try to punch out the data I get a SR807 parameter save error.
I will do a full backup so thanks for the form Steve, I can start that without needing a working comms port. Should I photograph all the parameter screens in the meantime. Manual parameter entry in the event of memory loss has to be better than none.

I have tried to save both with Estop on and off as well as in MDI and edit mode. Any chance I am trying to send data to a non-existent port? originally the I/O was directed to port 2

This controller is not that easy to find information about being to old to have electronic manuals.

More info, changing the I/O back to 2 removes the parameter setting error, the RS232 port (DB25) has voltage on some pins either 100mV 10V or 24V (pin 25). The punch command appears to function in that I get a chance to hold it, the whole command takes around 2 seconds, I might drop the baud rate to 50 and see how long it takes.

If this RS232 port is dead can I use the option 1 board which appears to have 2 unused ports of some description?

More info, changing the I/O back to 2 removes the parameter setting error, the RS232 port (DB25) has voltage on some pins either 100mV 10V or 24V (pin 25). The punch command appears to function in that I get a chance to hold it, the whole command takes around 2 seconds, I might drop the baud rate to 50 and see how long it takes.

If this RS232 port is dead can I use the option 1 board which appears to have 2 unused ports of some description?

Logic 0 (low) condition is indicated by a voltage compared to the signal ground of between 3 and 25 volts. Logic 1 (high) is indicated by a voltage of between -3 and -25 volts. Voltages in the range between -3 and +3 volts are a dead area that allows for the absorption of noise and interference. Accordingly, you should have a minus voltage more minus than -3 volts, usually around -11 volts on the bridged pins 4,5,6,8 and 20 when compared to signal ground, pin 7.

If you've set the I/O channel to 2, did you set the corresponding parameters for channel 2 for an RS232 device?

Buy an RS232 tester from an electronics store and arrange it so that its plugged into the machine connector with the bridging in place and see if you have activity on pin 2 when you attempt to send a program.

Regards,

Bill

Back