What's new
What's new

Fanuc 11M start rejected

Hot Headz Marine

Hot Rolled
Hello, I have an Acroloc series 1000 cnc 4 axus mill.
Bought it plauged with problems.
Worked on it in spare time and was able to get all it's mechanical and alarm codes resolved
But now simply says start rejected.

I read through many posts and found one person that had same issue and appears he never fixed or posted he resolved it.

More likely I bought it!!!
I have had several mechanics throughout the drama of repairing this dinosour.
Last tech just had nothing to input.
Any ideas other than the standard fanuc stuff?

Is it really worth fixing? Even if you get it sorted out, it's still a slow, unreliable, dinosaur, with goofy tool holders.

I think this is in reference to starting the program. The machine must have an alarm, or the start signal is no being given due to some kind of interlock. If you can find the ladder documents, you might have a chance.

Have you homed the machine?

Here is what Mckenna service said. picture attached, Maybe some one out there can help me to understand this?acroloc.jpg

Attachments

• acroloc.jpg
    acroloc.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 433
Based on the schematic, you need to see if you have 24V DC at both sides of the feed hold switch, an air pressure switch, a chip guard safety switch, and at opto coupler 1016. Note where you lose the 24V and the failure point will be between there and the last point you found 24V.

Your machine is stuck in feed hold because of a faulty feed hold switch, open air pressure switch, open chip guard switch, or open lube level switch. Or there is a broken wire in that string.

You need 24V DC to get from one side of the red line to the other. When that happens, you should be good to go. That's a pretty good schematic. It seems to show the cable and wire numbers, so you should be able to track those things down.

You can go to the diagnostic page and find line 410 (type 410 and hit cursor down). Bit 5 should be 1. If it is 0, the machine is in feed hold.

Acroloc F-hold.jpg

Find the physical spindle lube level switch and see where the wires go. I'm not sure why they used an opto isolator for that switch. It could be on the PCB at the CNC side, or it could be on the actual switch.

We checked the switch and when not depressing it it has 24 volts to both sides when we depress it it breaks the 24 volts and here is a picture of the diagnostic board bit 41020171011_190444.jpg

In case you don't know, the bits count from 0 to 7 from right to left. So, bit 5 is 3rd from left. It's currently 0.

We checked voltage to the lube pump 24 volt reference and it is going in and out of the loop pump which tells me the float switch is working in the loop up. But we're not getting the lube pump relay to engage so it appears that the problem is on the other side of th20171010_102746.jpge terminal block where the lube pump hooks to

We do have 24 volts going in and out of the lube pump but we do not have lube relay e itngagement. Fuses are good.
Seems like problem has to be on the other side of the terminal block where the lube pumps hooked to any suggestions

We checked the feed hold switch for power and it was good, we checked the lube pump for 24 volts in and out and it was good, however we do not have voltage to run the loop pump as the relay is not engaging. I believe the problem is on the other side of a terminal block I posted a picture in one of my replies but that's all I know right now.

I've got 24vdc to lube pump and feed hold both sides. I don't have power to lube pump relay and fuses are good.
I guess I'll have to trace wires from lube pump terminal block back to MIC or Fanuc?

I'd like to scrap it but I just don't have the money to purchase a more modern machine right now..and it sure seems rigid enough, large ball screws and just iverall beefy..and seems simple but clearly not.

Back