Fanuc 11M start rejected - Page 2
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 2 of 49 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The lube pump may not run unless the spindle runs. The pump does not need to run for the feed hold circuit to be completed. The schematic says it is a level switch, not a pressure switch.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Texas
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Ok, I understand. I checked level switch and it's working.
    Now I have an audiable alarm but no codes.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Texas
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Checked and checked and rechecked...still more to check obviously somewhere but discouraged a bit.
    Found one of my guys had accidentally wired 1 pump wrong, fixed that and still "start rejected"

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Well if you can find the right input you can jump it and at least see if the damn thing will run.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Texas
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The old dinosaur Powers up and sounds pretty good, can zero out and jog etc.. seems like a pretty straight forward simple issue but it's hand written/drawn wire schematic
    Is IMO poorly written even for 1987. Looking like I'll have to stumble upon the problem to find it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The schematic you posted is pretty good and shows all the points one would want to test to see where the Feed Hold signal is being broken.

If you can't follow the schematic and just want to get the Feed Hold released, just take a jumper wire from CC01-5 to C02-2. Since you said you have 24V at the Feed Hold switch this will bypass the air pressure switch, splashguard switch, and the optocoupler on the MIC and should change Diagnostic 410 bit 5 to 1.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Texas
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I struggle following the schematic but the information you gave is great. I will try and locate those CC01-5 to C02-2.
    Can you point me further to where they may be located? I am relaying this all to my mechanic but we fix boats!...sometimes..lol

Quote Originally Posted by Vancbiker View Post
    The schematic you posted is pretty good and shows all the points one would want to test to see where the Feed Hold signal is being broken.

If you can't follow the schematic and just want to get the Feed Hold released, just take a jumper wire from CC01-5 to C02-2. Since you said you have 24V at the Feed Hold switch this will bypass the air pressure switch, splashguard switch, and the optocoupler on the MIC and should change Diagnostic 410 bit 5 to 1.

8. Likes Ox liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Texas
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

We found them, in the cnc and back of crt.. make sense?

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Yes. The feed hold button goes into a board or bundled cable behind the control panel and runs back to the CNC control. The C02.2 should be at the CNC I/O board.

Technically you could connect any 24V source to C02.2, but you would not have a functioning feed hold button.

11. Likes Motorsports-X liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Texas
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Understood, so I should ohm that wire and check voltage on both ends also?

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Headz Marine View Post
    Understood, so I should ohm that wire and check voltage on both ends also?
    Odds are super high that you will not see 24V at C02 pin 2. That's because one of the switches is open or the optocopler is off or you have a broken wire in the circuit.

Just for testing purposes you can measure that. Easiest is just to jumper around most of the circuit like I described in post 26. Then check Diagnostic 410 bit 5. It should be a 1 then and the Start Rejected warning should not occur. You will however have disabled the ability for the machine to stop running if the air pressure drops, the splashguard door is opened or what ever inputs to the MIC are driving the optocoupler go low.

The Fanuc 11M control is really good but the Acroloc integration of the control to machine is pretty sketchy IMO due to using their MIC device. The MIC thing is a black hole mystery unless one has really good Acroloc documentation of it. Far better if Acroloc had used the Fanuc PMC ability of the control.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I'm still wondering why they used an opto coupler. I wonder if it uses the opto regardless of the oil level switch or if there is some weird circuit that makes that switch work. The fanuc I/O card should have it's own opto isolator built in.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by ewlsey View Post
    I'm still wondering why they used an opto coupler. I wonder if it uses the opto regardless of the oil level switch or if there is some weird circuit that makes that switch work. The fanuc I/O card should have it's own opto isolator built in.
    I think that Acroloc used this MIC thing as an carry-over from their older machines/controls. I'm thinking it is kind of a hardware based logic controller. Depending on machine configuration one or more physical inputs could control the output of the opto to put the machine in Feed Hold condition. The text from McKenna service gives a bit of a clue about this saying low way lube or low spindle lube. Hokey to say the least.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Texas
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

This is well said and put in a manner I understand much better, Thank you VERY MUCH. I will apply the cenario and get back asap. Thank you again.

ps. we too wondered why acroloc used an MIC.. agreed had to be for different operating systems since I was told Fanuc 11M didnt even need a middle man. If I was smart enough I could delete the MIC altogether and run through Fanuc.. so I was told.

Quote Originally Posted by Vancbiker View Post
    Odds are super high that you will not see 24V at C02 pin 2. That's because one of the switches is open or the optocopler is off or you have a broken wire in the circuit.

Just for testing purposes you can measure that. Easiest is just to jumper around most of the circuit like I described in post 26. Then check Diagnostic 410 bit 5. It should be a 1 then and the Start Rejected warning should not occur. You will however have disabled the ability for the machine to stop running if the air pressure drops, the splashguard door is opened or what ever inputs to the MIC are driving the optocoupler go low.

The Fanuc 11M control is really good but the Acroloc integration of the control to machine is pretty sketchy IMO due to using their MIC device. The MIC thing is a black hole mystery unless one has really good Acroloc documentation of it. Far better if Acroloc had used the Fanuc PMC ability of the control.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

What the heck is an Optocoupler???

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Bobw View Post
    Another name for an opto isolator....

Opto-isolator - Wikipedia

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Texas
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

LOL.. I had to Wikipedia it.... In electronics, an opto-isolator, also called an optocoupler, photocoupler, or optical isolator, is a component that transfers electrical signals between two isolated circuits by using light. Opto-isolators prevent high voltages from affecting the system receiving the signal.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobw View Post

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Texas
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

OK, bypassed and start reject is gone. So glad to not see that message now. now I can move on to the new problems and still seek out start reject issue.
    Getting overtravel on soft on Z.
    Program starts then feed holds due to that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Maybe a problem with the grid shift. Or your G54 work offset is in the wrong spot.

An opto isolator keeps the expensive cards in the control from completely cooking if you do something stupid like hook 220V AC up to a 24V DC input. There is no electrical path across the isolator.

It's basically like you yelling at the wife to turn on the kitchen light switch. If you get hit by lightening, you still die, but the kitchen light bulb should be safe...

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

OK, bypassed and start reject is gone. So glad to not see that message now. now I can move on to the new problems and still seek out start reject issue.
    nice!

Getting overtravel on soft on Z.
    Program starts then feed holds due to that.
    Post up the program you are trying to run. Likely an issue with how you are setting your G54 value for Z and what you have set in your tool offset and how/when you are calling G43.

Might be better off starting a new thread for this new problem. Folks with more programming experience might look at it and offer advice.