What's new
What's new

Htc plasma

schoi81

Plastic
Hello everyone,

I am having a little difficulty getting assistance or even contact with an Italian company called HTC (High Technology Cutting), so instead I am hoping to get a little help from everyone here.

We are using one of their CNC Plasma cutting systems with Hypertherm's 260XD torch. We are also using Lantek's CAM software.

The problem we are have is that when cutting 22mm thick mild steel, the torch will go down and slam into the plate then go to the pierce height instead of the usual slow down before touching the plate. The motion is quick, and I do not know what to do. When cutting thinner sheets the problem does not occur. What do I have to do to correct this?

Thanks in advanced.
Sean

I would guess the rapid height is lower than your 22mm height, this would be a trade-off in speed but you need to find wherever it starts its locating of the top of the plate and adjust that height so it is entering feed before it hits your maximum plasma plate thickness.

The above post sounds reasonable to me. Prolly a parameter needs changed. Best way to contact foreign manufacturers is by email. The email will get forwarded to someone who reads English and can can respond to your problem.

To add, is this using Ohmic sensing or a sliding torch/proximity sensor? If using ohmic, I would stop using it until you figure this problem out since you know it is quite hard on the torch and the Hypertherm machine torches are pretty expensive. I use a sliding torch proximity setup on mine so I have about .700" from the torch hitting the plate before it hits something hard (the face of the proximity sensor), I ended up adding a spring mount to the proximity sensor since I was stupid and bought cheap proximity sensors and prefer to run at higher speeds so that if it doesn't decel fast enough the spring will prevent any damage.

Back