What's new
What's new

Fanuc 21 Hanging at Graphics, Rom parity error, Sram ecc alarm

pgmrmike

Hot Rolled
2004 Daewoo Puma 300L fanuc 21i

Over the past several weeks I have been having a few issues. Started with hanging up at the Graphics Screen after turning control on. A few off and ons and it would come up and get past it. Then occasionally would go straight to boot screen and say "rom parity error". I would just cycle through the "system data check" and then "end" and it would come up. ( I have no idea whether this actually did anything ) Then yesterday the real deal happened.

935 SRAM ECC ERROR. Would not clear. Started in boot mode and checked everything but dont really know what Im looking at. All the file names that arent supposed to have strange characters ( @ etc ) look Ok as far as my very untrained eye can tell.

Started in IPL screen. Erased program memory, offsets etc to eliminate any possible corruption. No dice. Talked a very good CNC Tech and he basically walked me through checking voltages to control and fuses. All good.

Finally got desperate and started pulling boards. Re-seated all including SRAM etc.

Still no go. I was worried that the SRAM that I had backed up when I started having these issues was corrupted ( did it when first started having these issues ) but decided at this point I had nothing to lose. So I reloaded the SRAM from a card and the machine came up!?

What the heck? So all my research indicates either bad FROM/SRAM or bad CPU. What options do I have? No clear answer. Sram is cheaper than CPU, so start there?

Any ideas, experience?

Back