What's new
What's new

Methods Video

Thanks. I watch it and am like, man it is a good thing you were not a communications major in school.

Scott
MMT

Scott, nice work...... if you came off as George Clooney we would not like you. As it is you seem one of us and that fact makes us more comfortable with you. Nice machine lineup.-matt

I found it a little discouraging - I hadn't realized just how outdated my shop was getting :eek: .

We were founded in 1958 by my Grandfather, who had allot of ideas of how machines should be made. He went to allot of the USA builders, and got shown the door. So he went to JIMTOF, and found 2 little companies, one with Lathes, one with Mills. We started to import the Milling machines (Matsuura) and selling as an agent for the lathe company (Mori). In 1981 we founded our first branch office in Arizona. At the same time Mori started to build machine centers, and we chose to be a national company, and stuck with Matsuura. In 1983 we started to import Nakamura Tome. At this point my father took over the biz. Fanuc aproched us in 1991 to handle the EDM line, and threw in the Robodrill as a bonus. We have grown those lines into market leaders. We have grown steadily each year, adding 7 offices around the US, and becoming the largest private held dealer in the US. We stuck to our guns as a service and application orientated company, and it has paid off. I started in 1994, working in service, assembly, and inside sales. After my father passed away in 2001, I took the rains myself. Since then we have weathered the 01 -03 storm without layoffs, and have grown steadily. We added new offices, and some new product lines along the way.

Thats is the short history.

Scott
MMT

I like the videos that show the Nakamura Multitasking Turning Center's at work. You have to be on your toes just to see what is doing what, and where its doing it :eek:
How is the Hwacheon line doing so far?
Gary

Scott,
wow WOW WOW!

I am really impressed!
Very well done video.
I had no idea that MMT was that big!?!?! :eek:

Looks like a class A operation!

Doug.

Doug925,

Let me know if there are any MMT machines or a process in particular you would like to see. I put some samples up on the YouTube link listed above.

Thanks,
Brian
MMT

It would be nice to see some of the more entry level machines making parts. Like maybe a Hwacheon Hi-Tech 200.;)

Don't get me wrong I like the Hi-Zoot machines but it would be cool to see all the toys.

Scott,
Dude, you're going to have to lose the suit & tie bit... Us old machining folks expect to see blue jeans and a denim or T-shirt with chip burn holes in it and coolant stains on the front from the MTB folks. Kinda lets us know you understand what you are talking about....ya know? :D

I spent 3 years in shipping (aka loading machines) were i still hold the record for most machine shipped in a day at 25 machines, 3 years in assembly, 5 years in field service, before going to sales and then taking over the company. :) Dont think you will find a more rounded MTB guy out there.

Last edited:
Clearly what you need is mixed attire. I suggest some jeans with oil stains on them, a shop apron, over which you are wearing a nice coat and dress shirt with a tie. :D

Back