What's new
What's new

Fanuc alarm 453 or 456 ???

Ox

Diamond
"Abnormal Current"

18iT

My 16T book doesn't list this alarm.

It only appears on cold mornings when the shop is @ or < 60*.

No biggie - it seems to simply be a cold amp issue and it clears real quickly with powering all the way back down and back up. Just a minute or so of "power on" is enough to warm them up a bit near as I can tell...

This has been an issue this last month, and I never saw this alarm in past winters.

What does the alarm description read if someone has it?

Is this a sign of an issue that I should be aware of possibly comming up?

Alarm has only shown up on one amp. (2 axis)

-------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Ox I looked through all of my 18i manuals and the only thing I could find on those 2 alarms was in the alpah servo motor maintenance manual (B-65165E/02). And the only alarm listed was 453 "soft disconnection alarm (a pulse coder)".

I scanned and attached the PDF. Hope this helps.

Stevo

Attachments

• 2125_001.zip
    90.2 KB · Views: 1,070
Kant open, but no point if it doesn't list my alarm enyhow.

Thanks tho!

Strange the 18i book doesn't list it? :crazy:

----------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Strange the 18i book doesn't list it?

I took a look through my lot of PDF’s this morning before I headed out. Mostly the Servo drive & motor ones. The few I looked at didn’t list it either. They got to about alarm 440ish or so, then jumped into the 600’s.

Regards Phil.
{adding on Edit.}

Ox. I found a manual here that at least lists them. Granted its for Oi-C, but the servo errors sound the same.
http://www.stankomach.com/catalog/fanucpdf/B-64115EN_02.pdf (Warning 5 meg)

Scroll down to page 525.

Not sure why you can't open it. I just zipped the 2 pdf pages.

I sure wish we could attach more than 19.5k of a PDF file. That's next to nothing. I don't think I have ever seen a PDF that small.

Anyway the only alarm listed in that manual was your 453 alarm. I didn't see anything on the 456. If you don't have the manual # that I listed send me a PM with an email and I will send the 2pages pretaining to the 453 alarm or the whole manual if you would like.

Stevo

Steve:

I just didn't have the software to open the zip on this machine. I have an older machine with a zip software on it. I may hook that one up to the net and load maybe?

453 OR 456 I kant remember which - but I am sure I will see it aggin soon! :eek:

-----

Mach:

Nice file! But neither (So much for I before E?) of those 453 or 456 match my quick description. :confused:

That seems odd b/c this is essentially a drive issue and not a control issue (I think) so I would think that the alarm would be the same. Hmmm???

I will see it aggin soon - not sure if I will fire that one yet today or not tho, and an auction tommorree. ...

-------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

453 n AXIS : SPC SOFT DISCONNECT
ALARM
Software disconnection alarm of the α pulse coder.
Turn off the power to the CNC, then remove and insert the pulse coder
cable. If this alarm is issued again, replace the pulse coder

456 ILLEGAL CURRENT LOOP The current control cycle settings (parameter No. 2004, bit 0 of parameter
No. 2003, and bit 0 of parameter No. 2013) are incorrect.
Possible problems are as follows.
– For the two axes whose servo axis numbers (settings of parameter
No. 1023) are an odd number followed by an even number (a pair
of axes 1 and 2 or axes 5 and 6, for example), a different current control
cycle is set for each of the axes.
– The requirements for slaves needed for the set current control cycle,
including the number, type, and connection method of them, are not
satisfied.

My big WOOPS!

Turns out to be 438. :o

I will go back and reload that 0Tc pdf and see if it lists THAT number in there ... :crazy:

EDIT:

Found it in there - but doesn't really offer much more insight than what I have fingered out on my own.

Oh well....

I went ahead and saved a copy of that whole file tho. Was actually quite a small file for 700 pages!

---------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Oh man your killing us. All that running around looking through manuals :willy_nilly:.

No worries Ox alarm 438 is listed.

Contents:
1) SVM: The motor current is too high.
2) a series SVU: the motor current is too high.
3) B series SVU: the motor current is tool high.

Thats what I got out of the book. I don't have a clue what to look at. By doing a brief scan I could not find any troubleshooting tips. I will dig around in the other manuals to see if they got something and get back to ya.

Stevo

Yeah - :o that I got the number that far off!

Good grief - don't blow real time on this! I aint down or enything!

I just let the cabinet on for a minute and then cycle the power and all is well.

Just wondering if this is a warning of a weak amp or whatnot?

Especially seeing's that [depending on temps] it will come up on both axis on that amp (X & Z) - I hafta ass u me that it is the amp and not the motors...

I fingered that the text - "Abnormal Current on axis" part would be enough info to know that those codes I gave out were wrong when you looked them up eh? 453 and 456 both show something totally diff.... :bawling:

--------------------

Blizzard of Oz!
Ox

Ox
I fingered that the text - "Abnormal Current on axis" part would be enough info to know that those codes I gave out were wrong

I’m not so sure. Abnormal Current alarm verses Illegal Current Loop alarm. Given the nature of Fanuc manuals. We could be talking about the same thing.

What’s the power supply like out there on the Ohio prairies? Given that alarm 438 seems to indicate some sort of excess current. I’m just wondering if the voltage drops early in the morning when every one is running heating. In which case it might be worth thinking about moving taps on transformers.

Just for reference Alarm 439 is Over voltage, and you not getting that. If voltage drops, current goes up, it would be worth just testing voltage on your cold mornings.

Regards Phil.

Ox,
I am not wasting any real time on it. I just felt like busting your balls :D.

I don’t mind looking through all the manuals as 90% of the time I learn something new looking for something specific. Sometimes I find so many new things to try out that I lose track of what I was looking for in the first place. Speaking of that Brobb were did you get the description for those alarms? I looked through every manual I had. Is this a super secret document that you have to know a guy who knows a guy to get :smoking: ? Not that I need it I was just wondering.

Stevo

Sometimes I find so many new things to try out that I lose track of what I was looking for in the first place.

I can go there. LOL!

--------------

Mach:

No - I guess I didn't spell it out quite all the way...

Machine is on a 60hp convertor. Only issues with that are if I want to synch or start the spindles (25hp and 15hp) at a higher RPM at the same time, if the air comp kicks in during a synch/start (or eny bigger induction motor), or if I go fire off one of them big Acmes. (Even bigger induction motor - may look for soft start help on that issue if screw machine werk ever takes back off. Look for a thread on that in yrs to come maybe?)

Otherwise there are no power issues. This machine is normally VERY tollerant of the power suuply!

When I git this here alarm it is upon fire-up first thing in the AM. Nobody else really is running yet. Maybe a warm-up cycle on the VMC spindles?

It only shows up on the colder mornings, only on one 2-axis amp. (6 linear axis + two C's) This appears as soon as the control is "up". Hydro's and such not even fired yet. If it is prox 60*F I may git error on one or maybe 2 axis (same amp) and all I hafta doo is throw the main off for a second and light it back up - and all is well. If it is down into the 50's I have had to leave it on for a minute or so to "warm" up that amp before cycleing the power aggin to clear the alarm.

It is very obvious that it is a cold amp issue.

This is not causing issues in eny way, shape, or form. However there have been days in past yrs at least as cold without this alarm, so IMO I must be seeing some degree (pun?) of degredation? (Not sure I like using such a big werd, but I had an extree $.50 USF gathering lint this morning...)

Simply wondering if enyone else has seen this before, and if I should have concerns?

Now this AM (Colder than a witches tit in a brass bra out) I had no alarm. (Barely below 60 inside either way) But that is b/c I musta been spaced out last night and left the "main" on to the cabinet as well as the air purge on all night. :eek:

Amp never cooled down. LOL!

-----------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Back