What's new
What's new

Fanuc controls with conversational programming

pianoman8t8

Hot Rolled
Hi guys,
I'm looking to get a list going of Fanuc controls that have conversational programming as a feature. I used to run a Victor lathe that had Fanuc 20i-T or TB controls, and 99.9% of the time was used via conversational programming. What other series of their controls have this? Thanks

Hi guys,
I'm looking to get a list going of Fanuc controls that have conversational programming as a feature. I used to run a Victor lathe that had Fanuc 20i-T or TB controls, and 99.9% of the time was used via conversational programming. What other series of their controls have this? Thanks

Why stay with Fanuc :ack2: if you want to do conversational programming?

Fanuc conversational programming (FAPT, Manual Guide) is EXTREMELY slow and painful to use compared to even a 30 year old Mazak (Mazatrol).

I've heard a lot of people bash on Fanuc's conversational programming capability, but for me it was smooth as could be on that lathe, and very versatile... Maybe some of the older ones were more clunky? I never did use the "manual guide" part of the control either, just the portions where you'd put in coordinates and go! Quick and easy once you qualified your tools and put in your tool nose values.

Best I could come up with for a photo of the controls on that lathe. Just punch on coordinates and go! Select chamfer/radius for each of the coordinates if you wanted any and off you go! Fanuc 20i-T
Fanuc 20i-T.jpg

Hi guys,

I run a Fanuc 0i-TD with Manual Guide i as the conversational side of the control. I've messed with it enough to figure it out but never use it. A nice feature it has is the NC convert button that changes the conversational program to regular G code to run in other machines.

Brent

Back