What's new
What's new

Fanuc Dynamic Workoffset Horizontal

dstryr

Diamond
For the last 3 years I've been using Cycle800 on our siemens machines (dynamic workoffset) and always drove myself crazy going back over to the horizontal and not having the option. Well I finally got Fanuc in here to set it up but the guy didnt come with any information on the proper way to use it.

Can someone here school me? I like to program off of COR. So if the CAM software shows the part at X0Y10Z10. but the part is actually x.1y10.5z9 what is the proper program format and setting to use this?

Do you have G54.2PXXX now? Do you have a probe on the machine? Any macros included?

Should just G54 X0 Y0 Z10 COR then G54.2 PXX will be your x.1y10.5z9 or am I missing something.

I believe your dynamic fixture offsets work like wear offsets, if I recall correctly. I used these a few years ago but can't remember the exact program structure.

G54=X0.000, Y10.000, Z10.000

So, then your program would be.
G54.2 PXXX X.1000, Y.5000, Z-.5000

I looked and all of this info is in the Fanuc Operators Manual for Machining Centers. I know, I know, Fanuc manuals suck and John Weldon will be along soon to confirm that. But.......it is there for the reading.

Paul

For the last 3 years I've been using Cycle800 on our siemens machines (dynamic workoffset) and always drove myself crazy going back over to the horizontal and not having the option. Well I finally got Fanuc in here to set it up but the guy didnt come with any information on the proper way to use it.

Can someone here school me? I like to program off of COR. So if the CAM software shows the part at X0Y10Z10. but the part is actually x.1y10.5z9 what is the proper program format and setting to use this?

Hello dstryr,
I'm not sure what you're actually asking. Wherever the part is, the Workshift Offset (G54 to G59 standard set) would be set to where the Workpiece X,Y,Z Zero is. If its a case that a Feature, or another part is Offset by X1.0, Y0.5 and Z1.0 (the difference between the CAM Coordinates and the Actual), then G90 G52 X1.0 Y0.5 Z1.0 can be specified to create a Local, or Child, Coordinate System.

Regards,

Bill

I think the problem is fanuc didn't install the option correctly. I can't find the g54.2 offset page anywhere

Hello dstryr,
G54.2 is part of the extended Workshift Offset group (in addition to G54 to G59) and is an Option. G52 is a standard feature and will work if my understanding of your question is correct.

Regards,
Bill

I'm trying to use dynamic work offset to keep track of a part as I rotate around. That way I don't need 3 fixture offsets... Can just use one. Pretty simple on the Siemens control that I have. I paid fanuc to come out and install g54.2 but I don't think they did it correct. At the time of install I wasn't sure exactly what I was looking for to verify they did it correctly. I guess I have to call them out here again

What machine/controller? We have several 30i's with dynamic offsets. Its not too tough to find. If all Fanuc did was turn the option on you will likely have to configure some more parameters to get it working correctly....if it is set wrong, it could compensate in the opposite direction you are expecting.

Back