What's new
What's new

Fanuc. G112 polar co

Pauly123321

Aluminum
Hi everyone just wondering if anyone know of a good read into programming polar co? I know how to to a 6 sided nut easily but arcs and angles etc I lack knowledge in. I've only been programming a year.

Hi everyone just wondering if anyone know of a good read into programming polar co? I know how to to a 6 sided nut easily but arcs and angles etc I lack knowledge in. I've only been programming a year.

Hello Pauly,
Despite the trepidation of being decried by the Fanuc manual naysayers, I'd suggest that the explanation given in the Fanuc Operator's manual is as good as any.

Regards,

Bill

Hello Pauly,
Despite the trepidation of being decried by the Fanuc manual naysayers, I'd suggest that the explanation given in the Fanuc Operator's manual is as good as any.

Totally agree about the fanuc manual...good examples in there too. Some people call it "mill mode" which helps if you think of it that way.

Thanks for the reply. Just pulled the book out and gives the basics. I think I was just looking to see how other people programmed with it to give me a few ideas. As I said all I've done is nuts and squares lol. Very basic. Sort of looking how anyone would do pockets with it.

Thanks for the reply. Just pulled the book out and gives the basics. I think I was just looking to see how other people programmed with it to give me a few ideas. As I said all I've done is nuts and squares lol. Very basic. Sort of looking how anyone would do pockets with it.

Hello Pauly,
The actual code for the profile being machined is created in exactly the same way as one would create a program for an X/Y profile, except that the Y address will be replaced with C and X will be Xx2 if the lathe is programmed in Diameter for the X axis. With regards to programming Circular Interpolation moves, I and J, or R format can be used in exactly the same way it would when programming a profile in the X and Y axes. Accordingly, you could calculate all the program points in the profile the same as you would an X/Y profile, substitute C for the Y addresses and double the calculated X values if the lathe is programmed in Diameter format.

Regards,

Bill

Fantastic, you've pretty much hit the nail on the head for me. That'll certainly give me a head start. I'm hoping to write a practice piece and then wait for the machine to be free and give it a go. Just trying to boost my experience. I was a manual turner for 20 years and decided to move with the times and left my old to try cnc XYZC. loving it so far :)

Thanks for the Y axis advice, last night I wrote a quick program to mill out a pocket in 3 places 49mm rad like a mag wheel of a BMX wheel on a 110mm diameter billet and came out perfect. Thanks :)

Back